return to home on phantom 4 ascends to max height and hovers.

Reaction score
My phantom 4 does not return to home. It ascends to max height and hovers. Im a new owner and dont know what to do when I check firmware versions my aircraft shows version unknown.

Look here.

Attachments

• F036744A-8A46-47C0-B206-94342B47CD46.png
    F036744A-8A46-47C0-B206-94342B47CD46.png
    853.4 KB · Views: 302
Yip under advanced settings,,,,rth,,hover,,landing,,,yours must be on hover

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201103-151911.jpg
    Screenshot_20201103-151911.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 270
  • Screenshot_20201103-151944.jpg
    Screenshot_20201103-151944.jpg
    867.9 KB · Views: 306
  • Screenshot_20201103-152018.jpg
    Screenshot_20201103-152018.jpg
    923.7 KB · Views: 254
My guess would be you have it set to “hover”.
Change to “return to home”.
Pull up a chair and your favorite liquid in a glass and go through the app settings. They can be hard to remember where they all hide.
I still do a bit of searching myself.
Beat me to it,sorry for the repeat

My phantom 4 does not return to home. It ascends to max height and hovers. Im a new owner and dont know what to do when I check firmware versions my aircraft shows version unknown.
It's not that your Loss of Signal option was set to Hover, because that would only apply to loss of signal, not initiating RTH.
And it wouldn't make the Phantom climb.
One likely cause might be obstacle avoidance trying to climb over a low, bright sun that it sees as an obstacle.
You need to post flight data to confirm if that was what happened.

As stated; Did you initiate RTH or is this a loss of signal, blank screen, return? (hover)

It's not that your Loss of Signal option was set to Hover, because that would only apply to loss of signal, not initiating RTH.
And it wouldn't make the Phantom climb.
One likely cause might be obstacle avoidance trying to climb over a low, bright sun that it sees as an obstacle.
You need to post flight data to confirm if that was what happened.
So where is this setting,this is only place in my settings where it mentions these options,,I know of 3 sorts of rth,smart rth,loss of signal rth,and manual press on button,,is that right ??if closer than 20mtrs rth will just land or hover ,,correct, even in my home point settings,it say aircraft return to take off point,,,is there more settings ??where ,

[correct, even in my home point settings,it say aircraft return to take off point,,,is there more settings ??where ,
[/QUOTE
Adv settings, signal lost, (return-to-home). Tap to select other choices rth, hover, land

[correct, even in my home point settings,it say aircraft return to take off point,,,is there more settings ??where ,
[/QUOTE
Adv settings, signal lost, (return-to-home). Tap to select other choices rth, hover, land
Ha yip thanks,,I did see rth in obstacle avoidance about avoiding things on return but did not think that was it,,I know of all these but thought some might be hiding,,,,

did it say when you did the compass home spot is OK ! if not that could be problem home spot never recorded

did it say when you did the compass home spot is OK ! if not that could be problem home spot never recorded
You have things quite mixed up.
When you "do the compass" that has nothing at all to do with the home point.
And in fact, there is no need at all to "do the compass" before flight.

The drone automatically records its home point using its GPS receiver as soon as it gets good GPS location information.
If you are impatient and launch before getting good GPS reception, the drone will still record a home point soon after launching, as soon as it gets good GPS location information.
The only way you could fly without recording a homepoint, would be to fly without GPS at all ... like in a cave.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl