Return to home mode

Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone!

When "RTH mode" kicks in, and the drone lands, it's supposed to do it a normal manner, and not some circus stunt routine.

I ask, because while attempting to land after the low battery warning, the fail safe kicked in, and it shot off towards my take off point. When it landed, it did so like a plane, and of course, flipped over. Thankfully, I only lost a prop. The camera was fine, and I did a test flight last night to make sure it's OK.

Is this normal? I've never used the auto land/take off before, and it minimizes the risk of it dive bombing a kid.

My theory, is that panicked. (See dive bomb kid statement) I tried to cut engines to get it back down before it shot off. When it got that signal, it was moving forward and basically had a "controlled impact" with the terrain.

I don't take off from the ground and land on the ground. I take off and catch it with hand. This will avoid breaking prop when auto landing fail to level the drone.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I might need to try that. I reviewed my flight log, and looks like it was my error. The left stick was down all the way.

Like this. Make sure to hover the drone above your head and slowly bring it close toward while maintain the same height. Push the left stick all the way down after you grab it.

I might need to try that. I reviewed my flight log, and looks like it was my error. The left stick was down all the way.

I had problems landing at first for while. It landed itself more than I did. I would loose signal because of trees or distance. RTH would activate.

I catch in my hand about 50% now. If I'm landing on sand or tall grass or brush. So use the left stick slowly then when it is on the ground hold the stick down all the way.

Yesterday I landed in my yard and got gimbal error. The lawn is not tall enough to mow.

Note:
RTH will go to the RTH elevation if it is currently lower, then move to the home point, then come straight down from there. Never comes in at an angle.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj