Reaction score
I have an issue with RTH that started about four months ago. Even with 10-12 satellites, when I hit RTH one day, it just hovered for a while and was moving with the wind. It behaved like it was in ATTI mode. I was calm and used the small diamond on the monitor to fly back to the take-off point. After this incident, I rarely use RTH and use the small diamond as an orientation point. I tried it about 2-3 times as a test afterwards and it worked fine. I did another test last week and the same thing happened. It just hovered. I brought it back closer and tried it once more and it worked fine again. Any ideas or is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

I want to mention that this is my second P2. I lost the first one about a year ago when the P2 was approximately 1,000m away and lost orientation. The number of satellites dropped to six or seven so I tried to bring it back. Unfortunately I lost orientation and the battery was starting to drop below 50%. When I hit RTH, It just hovered. Since I was less experienced, I panicked and did not look for the small diamond to fly back. This first incident might have been related to the number of satellites, but wanted to mention it in case it was related. Before this I have never had an issue and used RTH all the time. Even with the second P2, before the incident I experienced four months ago, I have not had an issue and used RTH often.

Thanks in advance.

When you first Power on the Phantom do you watch the LED lights on the rear to see what they are blinking before you take off? What color led's do youngest?

When you first Power on the Phantom do you watch the LED lights on the rear to see what they are blinking before you take off? What color led's do youngest?

Yes. I wait until they blink a steady green and also look for the quick blinking lights so that the RTH is set. I also do not take off when there are less than eight satellites.

Are both switches in the up most position.?

Thanks for your questions and recommendations.

Yes, both switches were in the up position. I usually fly about 500m away in GPS mode (both switches up) and then turn back. When I turn back, I will sometimes fly in ATTI mode to save some time. Sometimes if I'm off track or I lose orientation, I would flip the right switch all the way down for RTH. This worked flawlessly 40+ times on my first Phantom and 40+ times on my second (current) Phantom. I am wondering if I'm doing something wrong or if something is not connected properly (broken) in the Phantom.

When you take off and hover is she solid and hovers without drifting. Only reason the RTH might no work would be GPS problem or corrupt data. I would set up and re-calibrate both the IMU and compass. After that verify I had satellite lock and test the Failsafe with the S1 down to fail safe. See if that works then try it again by turning the RC off . If the works ok and the S1 did not might be a problem with the switch. Just doing gif fervent test to try to pinpoint the issue.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic