return to home at 300 feet distance

Reaction score
Hi

ive noticed last night twice the same thing happened, flying away from me at around 300 feet distance i got the message com link lost and it the said returning home?!
i thought id get 700 m with this drone, sorry I'm a newbie i had 10 satellites as well with no wind.
any ideas guys and girls?

As you know the RC system is running at 5.8 GHz while video is transferred via 2.4 GHz WIFI.
5.8 GHz is comparable to a light beam which means that you'll always need direct line of sight to the copter. Even a tree between can interrupt the RC connection while WIFI might still work.

So in your case, was the copter still visible or hidden by some obstacle?

Regards, Gerd

You said you're a newbie.....if your P2V+'is new! return it. I had this problem with my second Phantom and the dealer gave me a full refund and returned it to DJI as defective.

Is your remote set to CE or FCC? Could make some difference as well.

CE compliant devices have an effective communication range of 400 meters in open spaces due to power limitations.
FCC compliant devices have an effective range of 800 meters in open spaces.

http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Phanto ... Controller

Hi guys
thanks for the advice I was on a beach with nothing between me and the drone part from sand

4wd said:
Also take note of the TX antenna orientation, as it gets further away you need it more or less vertical.
It doesn't matter much close too and it's easy to overlook as you start up.
I would put an accent on this suggestion because if your antenna tip is pointing at the phantom your range is gonna suck. Point the side of the antenna at the phantom as stated and report back.

yeah had the side of the antenna as said and was in the last 40% of battery but as I'm new i don't fly that far as was shocked when i got the loss of connection warning and then return to home

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20