return to home altitude

High enough to go over any obstacles between the current phantom location and the home point, then add 25'-50' to avoid obstacles higher than what you estimated. For me, I have mine set to 150' to make certain I avoid the trees.

Reactions: Pharm
Set mine to 50m hopefully higher than many flocks or singlets.

RedHotPoker

Make sure you also add in the increase in altitude necessary if flying uphill! I often fly to a mountain top which is 750 feet above my launch point. RTH altitude when flying there has to be over 1,000 feet!

I recommend you check it before each flight and reset it in each new location. I always add ~50 ft to whatever I think the tallest obstacle is in the area. Higher is better than too low. And, keep in mind that you could hit unforeseen obstacles if your Phantom happens to fly away (not likely, but possible) since it'll be flying further than you expected.

My RTH height is set at 180 ft. The trees around here are max height 120 feet. No structures higher nearby, but we have lots of hills.

It's also highly advisable to top off your battery to 100% just before each flight to have enough battery power, in case RTH is activated, to not only ascend to your safety altitude, but also deal with any headwinds that increase with altitude, and still have time to descend at your chosen RTH point, before it auto descends randomly, wherever it happens to be, when it reaches 10% remaining battery power.:oops:

i have mine set at 100 meeters.
thst is 320 feet

Hi to all, the altitude set for the return to home (failsafe) is relative or absolute?

I mean if have a sense if I set 150 Mt. when I live at 1520 Mt. of altitude, I hope that the altitude set on the app is relative, this mean 150Mt. higher than the point where I am and where the aircraft was taking off, but have fear to discover if I'm right or not.

Hi to all, the altitude set for the return to home (failsafe) is relative or absolute?

I mean if have a sense if I set 150 Mt. when I live at 1520 Mt. of altitude, I hope that the altitude set on the app is relative, this mean 150Mt. higher than the point where I am and where the aircraft was taking off, but have fear to discover if I'm right or not.

It is measured from ground level at takeoff point.

Reactions: Roberto Martuscelli

Aircraft has no way to measure absolute altitude. It can only measure relative altitude, so no fear! :cool:

Reactions: Roberto Martuscelli
An AC FW update resets RTH to only 30m.

That is too low and I must always remember set it to at least 40m (the tallest trees in my flat neighborhood are 34m).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues