Return To Home Altitude Setting Question

Reaction score
I have my RTH altitude setting set to 40 meters, which is approximately 131 feet. I initiated a RTH from my controller today when I was at an altitude of 147 feet and about 1000 feet away. The quad stayed at 147 feet on its way back until it was overhead, then proceeded to land. Should it not have descended to 131 feet on its way back? Or does it only climb to the specified RTH altitude if it is below it when initiated?

I have my RTH altitude setting set to 40 meters, which is approximately 131 feet. I initiated a RTH from my controller today when I was at an altitude of 147 feet and about 1000 feet away. The quad stayed at 147 feet on its way back until it was overhead, then proceeded to land. Should it not have descended to 131 feet on its way back? Or does it only climb to the specified RTH altitude if it is below it when initiated?

No, it won't if the current altitude is higher than set RTH altitude, it won't descend during its fight back. That's the way RTH has been defined.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

If it's above the height you set, it will maintain its current height.....only ascends, doesn't descend.
That is the intended behavior, but note that there is a P4P bug many have experienced where if RTH is initiated when the unit is above its preset RTH altitude then the unit will ascend continuously on its way back to the home point, rather than maintain its current altitude as it should. I expect that DJI will remedy this as soon as possible in a fimrware update, but just FYI for now.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4