Return home sequence of maneuvers.

PCB

Reaction score
Does anyone know the exact maneuvers the p2V goes through when the RTH is activated? The manual says it will go up to 20m if it's below or down to 20m if it's higher but doesn't state if it goes straight up or down or if it goes in any direction, forward, back or any other direction. When I tested mine in failsafe it did what seemed like a hover then started to lift but with a hard forward tilt like it was fast forward move.
Haven't had any flyaway the last 2 plus weeks, haven't flown for fear of losing it. :?:

Not what mine does, Geert. If I move S2 to return to home, the V+ does indeed yaw the camera around towards me and comes straight back.

Geert said:
PCB said:
Does anyone know the exact maneuvers the p2V goes through when the RTH is activated? The manual says it will go up to 20m if it's below or down to 20m if it's higher but doesn't state if it goes straight up or down or if it goes in any direction, forward, back or any other direction. When I tested mine in failsafe it did what seemed like a hover then started to lift but with a hard forward tilt like it was fast forward move.
Haven't had any flyaway the last 2 plus weeks, haven't flown for fear of losing it. :?:

It will ascent or descent to 20 meters and fly in a straight line to the home point (RTH). Before descending above the home point you will have enough time to take over control again by switching the S1 downwards and then upright position again.
When you use the S2 switch "home lock" it will fly in one straight line to you without yawing or anything, it will not ascent or descent. So in this case it means it can fly backwards/forwards or sideway depending how your Phantom is positioned when switch to home lock and pull him back home.

Geert.

Hi,

if below 20m:

It will climb to 20m and RTH. It will continue to face what ever direction and RTL. Hover for 15secs over Home and descend to land.

If above 20m:

It will RTH on what ever heading (therefore will fly sideways what so ever), it WILL NOT descend to 20m, maintaining what ever altitude, and RTL.
Same...hover 15 secs over Home and descend very slowly...to land.

Hope that helps!

I've read in the manual that to regain control during "Return to Home" you switch S1 down to the middle or bottom position and leave it there. If your quad is still in the default Phantom 2 flying mode from the factory (instead of Naza mode), it will stay in GPS mode with any S1 position.

I tested it out the other day and that works as it should.

I'm not sure what putting the S1 switch down and then back to the top again will do. Might still get the job done.

I just checked the manual again - it says switch the S1 switch from the top to any other position once to regain control.

PCB said:

Upon loss of control or manually called Failsafe (set to RTH & Land in Assistant) , your Vision+ will:

** Pause for 3 seconds.

** Climb straight up to 20 meters above the altitude set for Home Point. (if already 20 meters or more above Home Point it will maintain that altitude)

** Turn towards Home Point and return straight home, stopping directly above Home Point.

** If >20 meters above Home Point, descend straight down to 20 meters.

** Hover for 15 seconds @ 20 meters above Home Point.

** Auto land and shut down motors.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers