Return home from home.

PCB

Reaction score
Not being able to walk,power chair is how I get around, I was Leary of activating the return home for fear I couldn't retrieve it if it was anywhere out of sight. :idea: Thought I found a way of at least trying it and going through the motions for experience, having four broken props I trimmed all to 6 1/4 inches so I could go through the motions and check results, all worked fine to a point, the display showed 20 some feet from home even though it hadn't moved at all, had 7 satellites for a while and decided to turn off the controller, display showed coming home, phantom motors speed increased and I watched while it sat there with motors revving for a while so I tried to regain control, this is where experience plays a big part, nothing I did gave me control and that was ok because I was getting experience but then, it tilted forward and started to lift off with 6 1/4 inch props. :shock: Luckily I was close enough to grab it before it lifted too high, this was inside with a ceiling and walls so I knew it couldn't fy away but who would have thought it could become airborne with 3 3/4 inches off each prop. I tried shutting it down with the sticks and when that didn't work i shut down the battery.
After all was done I found my mistake, didn't turn the controller back on, glad I had the cut down props for this experiment. :D

Please tell me that I completely misunderstood your post. So the way I'm understanding you is you cut the ends off your props, then cut them again and then were trying to fly indoors? Please correct me, I'm just going to re-read your post for a third time.

PCB said:
Not being able to walk,power chair is how I get around, I was Leary of activating the return home for fear I couldn't retrieve it if it was anywhere out of sight. :idea: Thought I found a way of at least trying it and going through the motions for experience, having four broken props I trimmed all to 6 1/4 inches so I could go through the motions and check results, all worked fine to a point, the display showed 20 some feet from home even though it hadn't moved at all, had 7 satellites for a while and decided to turn off the controller, display showed coming home, phantom motors speed increased and I watched while it sat there with motors revving for a while so I tried to regain control, this is where experience plays a big part, nothing I did gave me control and that was ok because I was getting experience but then, it tilted forward and started to lift off with 6 1/4 inch props. :shock: Luckily I was close enough to grab it before it lifted too high, this was inside with a ceiling and walls so I knew it couldn't fy away but who would have thought it could become airborne with 3 3/4 inches off each prop. I tried shutting it down with the sticks and when that didn't work i shut down the battery.
After all was done I found my mistake, didn't turn the controller back on, glad I had the cut down props for this experiment. :D

Ok so I did read it right, "after all was done I found my mistake, didn't turn the controller back on????, glad I had cut down the props for this experiment????????????????????"

Haha really??? Are you taking the piss????????? Nothing to do with cutting your props and flying indoors????????

REALLY?????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
Why did you cut the props? Aw man too many questions, I have to contain myself ;)
I cut the props because they were broken in the tree it ran into when I lost it and the other two broke when they hit a board while landing. Only the tips broke, about 1 1/2 inch on each so trimming off the broken tips left 6 1/4 in and that sill generates the sound that is easier to recognize change in RPM while running. This is a fairly expensive toy and the amusement I get from it is very satisfying. :lol: I did get great video of my small town from mountain range to mountain range, 360º 700 feet above my yard. The only experience I have with remote control like stick is the stick on my power chair, I never had that run away though.

Please stop your experiments before you do serious damage to your expensive toy. The stock props are finely balanced for a good reason. You can just listen to the motors with no props on to hear the different tones coming from the motors. You will do damage otherwise

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers