Retractable landing gear

Reaction score
Hello,

quick question about retractable landing gear, what would be my best option price/quality for retractable landing gear?

I'm using a graupner transmitter with reciever on my phantom 2 gopro, so I have extra free channels available. On ebay there are some relatively cheap kits, but am wondering if anyone has experience with them.

Thank you in advance.

We did a setup on a phantom 2 with a zenmuse gimbal. It had two servos and 3d printed legs. Oftentimes it might not be worth getting retractable landing gear, because you need to yaw the aircraft really fast to see landing gear in your footage. It adds complexity and weight. Unless you add a nice set of retractable landing gear its kind of wobbly on its feet. More advanced drone systems with retractable landing gear have a mechanical lockout at the bottom most position.

We did a setup on a phantom 2 with a zenmuse gimbal. It had two servos and 3d printed legs. Oftentimes it might not be worth getting retractable landing gear, because you need to yaw the aircraft really fast to see landing gear in your footage. It adds complexity and weight. Unless you add a nice set of retractable landing gear its kind of wobbly on its feet. More advanced drone systems with retractable landing gear have a mechanical lockout at the bottom most position.

Thanks for the info, ordered one of the chinese cheap systems last week. Don't expect much from it, time will tell :).

Retracting gear is installed, I'll let the pictures do the talking :)

20160207_155224_zpsr9k9xnhf.jpg

20160207_155231_zpsqxdfhq7h.jpg

20160207_155259_zpszgcb5yge.jpg

As you can see not a great succes :)! Kit is of really poor quality, especially the servos and the cam that connects the servos to the hinged leg.

I suspect the cam jumped a teeth on the servo sprocket, when I raised the gear, it went up too high and hit the props and a crash was the result. Luckily I removed the zenmuse for testing so I'm only out a set of props.

For the next step I'll be trying to upgrade the servo's to some more quality models, and try to make my own cam system to connect it to the hinges, anyone have any suggestions? I have no experience in the R/C world except this drone and am a bit lost in all the websites when searching for servos. Are all servo's a standard size, or does every make use it's own size of servo's?

To be continued!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4