Retractable Landing Gear on Phantom 3 Pro?

Reaction score
Sorry if this question was asked in a much earlier post but while I'm waiting on my Phantom 3 Pro I figured I would fire off some questions at some of you more experienced pilots. Has anyone here ever flown with a retractable landing gear on their Phantom vision 2 or 2+?
If so what effect did it have on it's performance and battery life? And finally do you think the vision 2 & 2+ retractable landing gear will work with the Phantom 3 Pro?

Example:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks

Reactions: JIM MILLER
That RCDepot system relies on access to the P2's Sbus/Dbus for their interface module.
Once the P3s get into the gen pop then we'll see what kind of system access will be possible.

Reactions: Gearie
With aggressive flying there is a chance they'll get in the shot, I've seen a few video from the inspire where the bottom of the front lading pads are in video shots even when lifted.
Oh and I forgot,
D) just for the shizzle (which is A & C combined) ;)

What I'd like to know is, are there any spare channels on the new remote that would allow this or maybe some other ingenious other applications?

The Gimbal is the same as the 3 axis p2v+ gimbal. You can get 360 degree pans but only by yawning 360 degrees. The third axis only slows down the rate of yaw in the camera slightly, it doesn't spin independently like the inspire camera

With aggressive flying there is a chance they'll get in the shot, I've seen a few video from the inspire where the bottom of the front lading pads are in video shots even when lifted.

I've only had my P2v+ for a few months so I felt the need to test this myself. I did not now it was even possible but yes, rotating extremely quick would allow the legs into the shot. Thanks for letting me know.

The Gimbal is the same as the 3 axis p2v+ gimbal. You can get 360 degree pans but only by yawning 360 degrees. The third axis only slows down the rate of yaw in the camera slightly, it doesn't spin independently like the inspire camera

Thank you Mal_PV2_Ireland,

Exactly the type of info I needed to here. But besides that I have flown the Phantom 2 and remember seeing the landing gear get in the shot from time to time. Not often but I have seen this.

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
Sorry if this question was asked in a much earlier post but while I'm waiting on my Phantom 3 Pro I figured I would fire off some questions at some of you more experienced pilots. Has anyone here ever flown with a retractable landing gear on their Phantom vision 2 or 2+?
If so what effect did it have on it's performance and battery life? And finally do you think the vision 2 & 2+ retractable landing gear will work with the Phantom 3 Pro?

Example:

Thanks

My question to you is what do you have in mind f

Example:

Thanks
Flying aggressively or in high winds will always result in legs in shot. I guess I fly too fast too much.

We're definitely hoping that with the wider landing gear this should not happen but we will just have to wait and see.

Wider landing gear and lower FOV.

I have no intention of modding my P3 but my thoughts are what happens if the Phantom auto lands, would the legs automatically lower as they do on the I1? or :oops:

My question to you is what do you have in mind f

We're definitely hoping that with the wider landing gear this should not happen but we will just have to wait and see.
I simply want to make sure the landing gear would not end up in 1 of my well planned shots is all.

Not to mention the coolness of the raised gears.

Not mentioned here yet but the P3 landing gear is different from the P2's more than just being taller and wider.The compass is now under the gear rather than on the side and there are 4 antennas within the landing gear to handle Lightbridge and give the HD FPV and range.
Swapping landing gear might look cool but you're going to have to consider its impact upon functionality too.
Because the P2 lens had a viewing angle of 140º and the P3 lens has a viewing angle of 94º gear in the frame should be considerably less anyway.

Not mentioned here yet but the P3 landing gear is different from the P2's more than just being taller and wider.The compass is now under the gear rather than on the side and there are 4 antennas within the landing gear to handle Lightbridge and give the HD FPV and range.
Swapping landing gear might look cool but you're going to have to consider its impact upon functionality too.
Because the P2 lens had a viewing angle of 140º and the P3 lens has a viewing angle of 94º gear in the frame should be considerably less anyway.
Noted! I believe your dead on about the lens angle. As far as the other modes that may be needed I'm sure there will be some future solutions. But as for now if the lens angle and wider LG eliminates the threat of it getting in the shot I'm happy.

This 360cam would be one good reason for retractable legs! http://360.tv

I bought this through Kickstarter (still waiting for it), but being able to retract the legs and taking 360 video/photos from the air would be great!

That's pretty cool... Liked seeing this available for our Phantom 3!!

A

Very nice.

'For any one who asked "why you want to do it"?' ;-)
Dude, did you watch the vid? TFCOOL.

RedHotPoker

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31