Retailers selling pre-installed FPV package with Phantom 2?

Reaction score
I live in the UK and after lurking on these forums for some time I have decided to join. I can't find much information on this, so I'd like to know if there are online retailers selling pre-installed FPV packages with the DJI Phantom 2 (i.e. everything wired up, soldered, etc, and ready to go)? Thanks in advance, I do appreciate your help.

EDIT: PLEASE MOVE TO THE PHANTOM 2 (NON VISION) SECTION. THANK YOU.

Re: Retailers selling pre-installed FPV package with Phantom

hi,

firstpersonview.co.uk will sell a ready to fly package but you will most likely have to put the bits together (physically on the airframe). Believe me when I say that it's not that hard. Even I managed it.

If you want something that literally comes out the box then speak to a local model shop and see if they'll build one for you.

However, I would suggest that the more you put into putting it together, the more you'll actually understand about what it's doing and therefore be able to diagnose issues (should you come across any).

I've had great response from fellow forum members for help.

Simon from Firstpersonview.co.uk has been great too. He recently provided me with a black pearl, Plug and Play cable (for mini iOSD), immersionRC 600 and Spironet antenna's (fitted by myself) courtesy of youtube and command strips. I would have bought the rave creative monitor bracket from them but they were out of stock and ended up buying direct from Rave Creative. There was zero soldering involved (some minor cable fitting, all very much plug and play).

http://www.firstpersonview.co.uk/complete-fpv/5.8ghz/phantom-2-fpv

http://uav.ravecreative.co.uk/

Fantastic service from both the above as they were delivered within 2 days of ordering on Bank Holiday Monday.

My local model shop is brilliant and means they will always provide assistance should I need to walk in (which I've done a few times). They sold me both my vision and my P2 with H3-3D and mini iOSD.

and amazon provided the Go-Pro Hero 3+ black.

Yes i'm stupid and asked the dumbest questions imaginable :? However, everyone has been really helpful and after calibrating the compass I took it on a flight about 1hr ago. No video unfortunately as the Go-Pro decided to have a "won't power up" wobble, which was fixed just now by bringing it back, removing the battery and plugging in the USB charger for 10 or so minutes until the light came on (I didn't remove the SD Card). Pushed the battery back in whilst the actual camera was charging and we're ready to go again.

It wasn't difficult to put together and once you've figured out how (ask questions and use youtube) you'll find yourself understanding how your Phantom is put together.

you WILL need a decent screwdriver set. There's a few recommendations elsewhere.

EDIT: I forgot that I have also contacted Marionville Models. They were really helpful and responsive too. They've also got some really good explanatory installation videos. Just do a YouTube Search.

http://www.marionvillemodels.com/rc-shop/Ready_To_Fly_Quadcopters.html

Have fun

Bmews

The Editor said:
This is no doubt what you are after....> http://www.quadcopters.co.uk/dji-phantom-2-fpv-edition-with-zenmuse-h3-3d-1249-p.asp

Select "I require this to be professionally installed" in the drop down menu (adds £20 to the price)

Thanks for finding this for me. Also thank you BMEWS for your detailed and very helpful reply, though I'd rather pay the extra (honestly I want a good job done on it and the £20 extra or whatever is nothing when you consider this is a big purchase). I appreciate that it can feel "more satisfying" if I did was to do it well myself, but If it is just £20-30 extra overall then I think I'll play it safe on a purchase that is going to come to around a grand.

With regards to the quadcopters.co.uk package, what is the difference between the plug and play option and the "I require this to be professionally installed" option? The first one is more expensive?

I found John at buzzflyer.co.uk very helpful. Same fully installed service and available on the phone to solve minor issues afterwards...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BMEWS said:
hi,

firstpersonview.co.uk will sell a ready to fly package but you will most likely have to put the bits together (physically on the airframe). Believe me when I say that it's not that hard. Even I managed it.

If you want something that literally comes out the box then speak to a local model shop and see if they'll build one for you.

However, I would suggest that the more you put into putting it together, the more you'll actually understand about what it's doing and therefore be able to diagnose issues (should you come across any).

I've had great response from fellow forum members for help.

Simon from Firstpersonview.co.uk has been great too. He recently provided me with a black pearl, Plug and Play cable (for mini iOSD), immersionRC 600 and Spironet antenna's (fitted by myself) courtesy of youtube and command strips. I would have bought the rave creative monitor bracket from them but they were out of stock and ended up buying direct from Rave Creative. There was zero soldering involved (some minor cable fitting, all very much plug and play).

http://www.firstpersonview.co.uk/complete-fpv/5.8ghz/phantom-2-fpv

http://uav.ravecreative.co.uk/

Fantastic service from both the above as they were delivered within 2 days of ordering on Bank Holiday Monday.

My local model shop is brilliant and means they will always provide assistance should I need to walk in (which I've done a few times). They sold me both my vision and my P2 with H3-3D and mini iOSD.

and amazon provided the Go-Pro Hero 3+ black.

Yes i'm stupid and asked the dumbest questions imaginable :? However, everyone has been really helpful and after calibrating the compass I took it on a flight about 1hr ago. No video unfortunately as the Go-Pro decided to have a "won't power up" wobble, which was fixed just now by bringing it back, removing the battery and plugging in the USB charger for 10 or so minutes until the light came on (I didn't remove the SD Card). Pushed the battery back in whilst the actual camera was charging and we're ready to go again.

It wasn't difficult to put together and once you've figured out how (ask questions and use youtube) you'll find yourself understanding how your Phantom is put together.

you WILL need a decent screwdriver set. There's a few recommendations elsewhere.

EDIT: I forgot that I have also contacted Marionville Models. They were really helpful and responsive too. They've also got some really good explanatory installation videos. Just do a YouTube Search.

http://www.marionvillemodels.com/rc-shop/Ready_To_Fly_Quadcopters.html

Have fun

Bmews

Just seen this. Thanks for your kind words. Phil @ rave creative

Ravecreative said:
Just seen this. Thanks for your kind words. Phil @ rave creative

My Pleasure. Once I finally figured out why my display was "floppy" (totally due to user installation balls-up). I refitted holder and it's been good as gold since.

Thanks again for a rock-solid holder and great service too.

Bmews

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.