Results after getting shell cracks repaired by DJI

Reaction score
Hello all, I sent my P3P to DJI for the dreaded shell cracks issue. I was wondering who had this done and what the results were after getting it back and flying with the new replaced shell for a while.

Thanks in advanced for any comments!

Steve

I had a crack after 2 weeks of buying. I sent it in, they replaced the shell (top and bottom). It took 2 weeks to get it back. I have had the t back for about a month, and fingers crossed no signs of cracking so far.
I was pleased with the turn around time and final result thus far!

Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

This is why I bought mine from maplins uk. Any problem within two years just take it back and get a brand new sealed one. Had to return mine the other day as it went dodgy. Got a new one I got the new motors on now this one and a nice new battery!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

This is why I bought mine from maplins uk. Any problem within two years just take it back and get a brand new sealed one. Had to return mine the other day as it went dodgy. Got a new one I got the new motors on now this one and a nice new battery!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
In 2 years they won't have these in stock as they've been replaced by the 4. Good deal if they do that though.

I had a crack after 2 weeks of buying. I sent it in, they replaced the shell (top and bottom). It took 2 weeks to get it back. I have had the t back for about a month, and fingers crossed no signs of cracking so far.
I was pleased with the turn around time and final result thus far!

Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Good to hear!

I had two cracks front wings, sent it in for repair, no new she'll just a glue of some sort and they scratched the top of the bird, and after about 5 hours flying the rear wings developed cracks, and the Dutch service Center won't pay for the return , I have to fork out for Dhl costs , even when it is a well noted flaw, that's my experience. The bird is rubbish , for the money.

Reactions: Trackman1
I had two cracks front wings, sent it in for repair, no new she'll just a glue of some sort and they scratched the top of the bird, and after about 5 hours flying the rear wings developed cracks, and the Dutch service Center won't pay for the return , I have to fork out for Dhl costs , even when it is a well noted flaw, that's my experience. The bird is rubbish , for the money.

That sucks. Where are you located?

I went back and forth with them over crack on mine. I noticed it after less then a dozen flights. Pretty crazy they expect you to send it in with no insurance. The thing I couldn't accept was they won't leave my current firmware on it. They said they will update all of it before they send it back. So I have decided I'll fix it myself and highly doubt I'll ever buy anything from them again. After spending 1,500$ on it and hardly using it i think that speaks volumes about there products and quality.

Does anyone have pictures of these cracks ...what they look like and where they are on the bird?
Here's the cracks I had.
top.jpg
2.jpg
top.jpg
2.jpg
top.jpg
2.jpg

I just shipped a Phantom 3 Pro back for cracks and a tilted horizon issue yesterday. It is just less than 6 months old, never been crashed. I'll let you know when I hear from them.

Received back by courier a week and a day after collection. Shipping label emailed within 24 hours. Shell replaced. No charge for repair or shipping.

Flys fine. If anything it seems to hold position better in hover and sounds quieter. I havent checked the serial number yet, it wouldnt suprise me if they replaced the whole AC, firmware needed updating (i had uodate prior to shipping).

Received back by courier a week and a day after collection. Shipping label emailed within 24 hours. Shell replaced. No charge for repair or shipping.

Flys fine. If anything it seems to hold position better in hover and sounds quieter. I havent checked the serial number yet, it wouldnt suprise me if they replaced the whole AC, firmware needed updating (i had uodate prior to shipping).

I'm hoping this to be the case with mine. Did they tell you what they replaced or what repairs were performed?

I'm hoping this to be the case with mine. Did they tell you what they replaced or what repairs were performed?
They issued an invoice depicting 1 hour labour and the cost of a shell with discount allowed 100%. I did ask what work would be performed, that is whether they just replace lower shell section or whole shell. Response was "please dont worry Sir we will take care of everything".... NFD provided.

I will check the serial number to confirm- i am suspicious they replaced the whole AC. It flys quieter and the motor threads seem to be cleaner with the black dots more pronounced. Not sure why they would replace whole AC rather than repair?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic