Restricted flight zone Italy Venice

I suppose you are American from your other posts. Now my question is...Would you dare doing the same in Times Square? I'm the kind of person that when traveling abroad tries to respect local regulations...Call yourself lucky because the actual Italian law states "Con la riformulazione del regolamento quindi, si applicheranno le sanzioni rispettivamente degli articoli 1216 cod nav, che punisce chi vola con un SAPR privo di documenti con l’arresto fino a un anno o oltre mille euro di ammenda, quelle dell’articolo 1228, con l’ arresto fino a sei mesi e 516 euro di ammenda a chi vola in città, e con l’articolo 1231, che prevede arresto fino a tre mesi o 206 euro di ammenda per chi viola le norme di sicurezza." If you need a translation for that it means you could have got from 6 months to 1 year jail. Does your footage worth it ? Not at all, and that's a fact not an opinion. Another irresponsible tourist 2 weeks ago crashed a phantom in central S. Marco Square, always in Venice. For everyone's sake and safety just stop playing S. Spielberg and apply the rules of the place you are traveling in. That is not brave, that is just an irresponsible and childish acting. And FYI if you crash the drone on someone's head in a situation like this say goodbye to your liability insurance (they won't cover your back) and get ready to sell your house. Just sayin.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Well I know that's a Mistake, and personally I will not do it again that is why asked a question is it worth it? There are a lot of video in the web in restricted zones I just wanted some points of view from different pilots

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Restricted or not it is a great way to see Venice! Not everyone is lucky to live or go there in lifetime!

Worth it to who... me.? Yes..To you? probably. To the drone community? Nah... I actually did not have an issue with it until you flew over the people. That was not a good idea.

I did like the video though.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Travel standby
I'm in Venice right now and my phantom 4 is grounded in the hotel room. I asked local police and they said that all of Venice is a no fly zone for drones, even the outer parts of venice towards Murano island where it is much less busy (I was planning to film in outer parts of Venice very early in the morning). If you are not sure always ask and you'll do a huge favor to yourself and the rest of the drone community.

Sent from my SM-N920I using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm in Venice right now and my phantom 4 is grounded in the hotel room. I asked local police and they said that all of Venice is a no fly zone for drones, even the outer parts of venice towards Murano island where it is much less busy (I was planning to film in outer parts of Venice very early in the morning). If you are not sure always ask and you'll do a huge favor to yourself and the rest of the drone community.

Sent from my SM-N920I using PhantomPilots mobile app
Do you this the island of Lido is restricted too? I am going there in 3 weeks from now with my Mavic Pro.

Worth it for you may be, but is people like you ruin it for the whole community. Now they are on a look out for drones making everyone else a target. Thank you very fxxking much.

Reactions: Jasonrowphoto

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues