Restricted Area Height Limiter not working

Reaction score
I recently rebuilt my phantom after a crash. I installed a new motherboards, 2 ESCs and two motors. After the rebuild I installed all of the latest firmware, however now I have noticed that the height limiter for restricted areas does not work and when the phantom is in "Coming Home" mode it does not land but instead just hovers above the takeoff point at the same altitude that it came home at.

The GPS and appears to work fine and the altitude is correct on the DJI app, so I have no idea why my phantom does not know its height.

Any ideas?

I just did another test and the return to home feature works and the phantom lands.

So somehow changing the motherboad and installing firmware from scatch managed to remove all height restrictions. Messages such as you are approaching a restricted area still work it's just that I can fly at any height I want in these areas.

Does anyone know how this restriction disappeared?

I suspect that there is a way of disabling the height limiter for restricted areas and somehow i stumbled upon it in my rebuild. Either that or this feature is linked to the serial number of the motherboard and does not apply to spare parts.

Either way im pretty happy )))

someone loves to post :lol:

Seriously just use the Edit post button.

As for the height limiter, i flew in a restricted area that was supposedly 10.5M, however i hit heights of 60-70 ft, so i guess it may just be advisory.

crash1sttime said:
someone loves to post :lol:

Seriously just use the Edit post button.

As for the height limiter, i flew in a restricted area that was supposedly 10.5M, however i hit heights of 60-70 ft, so i guess it may just be advisory.

Nope its just not working with the change of motherboard.

your missing the point of what i said, mine is a factory original quad and i wasnt limited when i flew in a "limited height" area, so either my quad has a motherboard that ignores height limits as you suggest or its something in the newer firmware that is causing it.

Anyone in a height restricted area want to chip in and let us know if your still restricted.?

Out of interest, where do you live, putting it in your profile could help you, if there are others in your vicinity they could advise better.

I live in Sydney and yes I'm in a restricted height area. I have rebuild my phantom 3 times so I know what I'm doing. What is different here is that I got a standard v2 motherboad and installed firmwareally from scatch as a result all height restriction dissappeared. Warning messages such as "you are entering a restricted area" still work.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj