Response Time

Reaction score
Does the control response time increase with distance between RC and drone ( P3S)?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

What might make a long response time to occur as it did for yawl on my P3S? It was first flight with a Trackimo attached.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yawl? Do you mean YAW? Anyway, as I said, the distance does not affect the response. Other factors may, such as obstructions, antenna orientation, etc., but that would be a blocked signal, not a change in response timing. The Trackimo will not interfere with your communications, it receives GPS signals, and transmits on cellular frequencies.

Yawl? Do you mean YAW? Anyway, as I said, the distance does not affect the response. Other factors may, such as obstructions, antenna orientation, etc., but that would be a blocked signal, not a change in response timing. The Trackimo will not interfere with your communications, it receives GPS signals, and transmits on cellular frequencies.
Sorry, yes of course, yaw. Thanks for the information. I will try it again and make sure there are no obstacles in the way.

Does the control response time increase with distance between RC and drone ( P3S)?

Yep. The radio speed to your bird is limited to the speed of light. (I don't think that's because of the FAA but maybe.) Thus if you get out as far as the sun, it'll take a little over eight seconds for your bird to respond. ; )

SB

More like 8.3 minutes.
(500 seconds)

What CAN happen at the end of the range of the video system is that screen refresh rates slow down. Thus, it can LOOK as if the P3 is sluggish, but in reality it's just the visual feedback. But that should not happen until you start seeing the 'Poor Video Signal'. Don't panic, however, the control signal strength is considerably stronger than video so even if you can't see it well, you should have radio control.

Reactions: Paul Schulze
Thank you WetDog. What you described is it is exactly what happened. I would be looking at an object and then rotate the copter and nothing would happen as far as I could see visually through the camera. Then I would rotate it a little bit more thinking that the copter had not received the command and all of a sudden the video would come on showing a large rotation had taken place. The copter was in a location where I could not see it visually because of a tree. Therefore I had no idea that the copper was actually rotating.

With that in mind, it seems to me that one should not continue to fly forward, etc., until you are sure the copter is oriented correctly because you may not actually be going in the direction that you think you are going. Could this be the cause of some crashes???

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj