Resolution on Phantom 4 Pro +

Reaction score
Resolution Question: The resolution and lighting on the last pictures I have taken and terrible. I haven't changed the settings at all. When I first got the drone, the pictures were awesome! I have never used a filter, but maybe I need to now??? Any advice would be helpful.

First off, welcome to PhantomPilots! Everything should look decent using the default settings. make sure the EV value is set to ZERO not + or -. You may have accidentally scrolled your right thumb wheel which changes the EV value, this can wash out or under expose the image. Can you post an example?

Resolution Question: The resolution and lighting on the last pictures I have taken and terrible. I haven't changed the settings at all. When I first got the drone, the pictures were awesome! I have never used a filter, but maybe I need to now??? Any advice would be helpful.
Resolution looks terrible?
You must be meaning something else?
How about posting an example so we can see what you mean.

Thank you everyone for your input. The first photo I uploaded look clear and amazing. The second one I took yesterday, looks old and faded. It just doesn't have that crispness in color and the image doesn't seem as defined. These photos were taken about 3 months apart. I haven't changed any settings.

Attachments

• 30 Northshore Avenue (16) (1).JPG
    30 Northshore Avenue (16) (1).JPG
    7.1 MB · Views: 450
  • Copy of Copy of Copy of 111 Ocean Way N (18).JPG
    Copy of Copy of Copy of 111 Ocean Way N (18).JPG
    6.8 MB · Views: 445
Here is another sample I took yesterday.

Attachments

• RP Edit 45 Birchwood Drive 2.JPG
    RP Edit 45 Birchwood Drive 2.JPG
    538 KB · Views: 383
First off, welcome to PhantomPilots! Everything should look decent using the default settings. make sure the EV value is set to ZERO not + or -. You may have accidentally scrolled your right thumb wheel which changes the EV value, this can wash out or under expose the image. Can you post an example?
Thank you for your reply. The EV setting is at "0".

The Phantom 4 Pro has a mechanical shutter, you must tap to focus or half press the shutter button to center focus before fully pressing the shutter. The bad photos just look out of focus to me.

Also. Your file names make me suspicious. Copy of copy of copy of...

Were these raw files to start? Were they jpgs?

Were you opening jpgs and making changes and then saving and then opening and making more changes etc?

The Phantom 4 Pro has a mechanical shutter, you must tap to focus or half press the shutter button to center focus before fully pressing the shutter. The bad photos just look out of focus to me.
OK. Thank you! I will try this. When you say, "tap to focus", do you mean tap the screen? I will try both! Thank you!

Were you opening jpgs and making changes and then saving and then opening and making more changes etc?
No. These were jpegs to start. That is what my settings are set on. I haven't made any changes to either photos. I take the pictures, remove SD card, put into my PC to download. That's it. I have never even had to edit any of my photos because they have turned out so great, until recently.

No. These were jpegs to start. That is what my settings are set on. I haven't made any changes to either photos. I take the pictures, remove SD card, put into my PC to download. That's it. I have never even had to edit any of my photos because they have turned out so great, until recently.
Actually, I do notice that one of my coworkers "edited" this. I apologize. I just noticed the name of the file. I do have the original, it looks bad.

Ok. Just reminding you that JPG is a compressed format and editing them and then saving back to jpg can make things worse.

I just went into my Google Drive and noticed all of my pictures were copied 3 times, somehow. That must be the reason for the "copy of copy of copy".

OK. Thank you! I will try this. When you say, "tap to focus", do you mean tap the screen? I will try both! Thank you!
Yes, tap the area of the screen that you would like to focus on. The half-press of the shutter button will automatically focus on whatever is in the middle of the shot.

Reactions: ravedog
I purchased a new Phantom 4 Pro from Amazon last November. I had owned a Phantom 4 and was very pleased with the photos and videos. The new phantom 4 Pro produced disappointing photography out of the box. I tried using it to produce Maps with Map Pilot and Maps Made Easy. The maps we’re a jumbled mess. Even the elevations were wrong, showing elevations below sea level in Texas. My previous Phantom 4 had produced good maps and I expected the Phantom 4 Pro to just be better.
Finally, I used a friends Phantom 4 Pro to produce a map and it was great. So, I sent my Phantom 4 Pro to DJI. They emailed me today, that they would replace the camera main board under warranty and ship it back in 3 to 6 Days. Hopefully, I’ll be impressed with the photography.

Even the elevations were wrong, showing elevations below sea level in Texas. ... Hopefully, I’ll be impressed with the photography.
The altitude data in the exif info for the images will still be wrong because that comes from GPS rather than the barometer that the Phantom uses for flight functions.
GPS is very inaccurate for altitude.
As shown here:
i-MqRGc68-L.jpg

If you are doing mapping, the elevation is simply fixed by using ground control points.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl