Reset Phantom 2 remote controller (DJ6) to factory settings?

Reaction score
Anyone know if there's a way to reset the Phantom 2 stock controller (DJ6) to factory defaults? I calibrated by controller, and now the Phantom flies as though the left stick is continually pushed backwards. I'd like to reset the remote controller completely, or at least reset the stick calibration to defaults.

Anyone know if there's a way to reset the Phantom 2 stock controller (DJ6) to factory defaults? I calibrated by controller, and now the Phantom flies as though the left stick is continually pushed backwards. I'd like to reset the remote controller completely, or at least reset the stick calibration to defaults.

Welcome to the forums.

Buddy there is no default settings for either the RC or P2. What you need connect the RC to your computer in order to calibrate the sticks and X1 and that you are in mode 2 in the RC unit. When that is complete then connect the P2 to your computer with the RC unit turned no and calibrate the sticks and X1 again. Also make sure all the sticks are set as normal and not in reverse and the same for X1. Now once you've completed the stick calibrations you should be good to go.

Hey Jason, thanks for the response. I've calibrated it a few times now, through the Phantom RC Assistant connected to my computer. Swirled the sticks around and all that. The switches aren't reversed, and I've tried both Mode 1 and Mode 2. Unfortunately, the controller was working well before calibration, and it's now severely out of calibration... I'm trying to somehow "un-calibrate" it now. Kind of wish I hadn't touched it in the first place, since it was working fine to begin with.. Thought somehow calibration would make things "even better", but I wish I'd left well enough alone...

Hey Jason, thanks for the response. I've calibrated it a few times now, through the Phantom RC Assistant connected to my computer. Swirled the sticks around and all that. The switches aren't reversed, and I've tried both Mode 1 and Mode 2. Unfortunately, the controller was working well before calibration, and it's now severely out of calibration... I'm trying to somehow "un-calibrate" it now. Kind of wish I hadn't touched it in the first place, since it was working fine to begin with.. Thought somehow calibration would make things "even better", but I wish I'd left well enough alone...

You cannot un-calibrate the RC or the P2 period. These units are not ready to fly out of the box period.
They have to be calibrated before you can fly them.

When you calibrated the RC by keying the calibrate button followed by keying the next button then can move the sticks in all directions and sure the you are in mode 2. After you do the RC unit do not shut it off as you will need it on while calibrating the sticks in the P2s software.

NOW IF YOU THINK YOU KNOW MORE THEN I YOU ARE ON YOU OWN.

I'm starting to think this may not be a controller calibration issue, but perhaps related to firmware? I updated firmware the other day before doing the stick calibration. And I'm wondering if it's the firmward update that's causing drift? I checked to see if the IMU needs to be recalibrated, and the software claims it doesn't. But I've been reading that any time you update firmware it's a good idea to recalibrate the IMU (even if it says you don't need to?)

Thoughts on whether that might be the solution? Sadly, the drone is pretty hard to control and really tough to fly (without constantly counteracting it desire to move back towards you and up a little bit..)

Jason..
These units are not ready to fly out of the box period.
That's odd as mine fly fine right out of the box ! Had to calibrate the compass but that was it .
NOW IF YOU THINK YOU KNOW MORE THEN I YOU ARE ON YOU OWN.
Being a little rude there huh o_O
Buddy..I always do an advanced cal after a firmware update just be sure and do it correctly .

Last edited:
dirkclod: Thanks for the info. Will give the advanced cal a shot tonight. Fingers crossed..
Also don't forget to do the compass cal afterwards !

Well, no luck here. I calibrated the remote control through the PhantomRC app, and again through the Phantom Assistant, and I carefully advanced calibrated the IMU and calibrated the compass. But the quad still does not remain in an even hover anymore. It drifts quickly backwards with sticks at center, and occasionally jerks upwards or wobbles violently. It was flying just fine before I did the firmware update, so I'm now suspecting the update..

Bummer... Not quite sure what to do at this point.. Anyone know if it's possible to downgrade the firmware or reinstall the original firmware?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj