Reset gimbal

So, my gimbal after update zen imu 1.0.0.6 not work more. Like as dead.
Only emit intermittent horn.

I just tried every possible because I made many times updates, adv calibration and nothing.

It could be that you are in basic absolute mode.

Calibrate in rc assist. Make sure calibrate the x1/ch7. Do the same in phantom assist and make sure the upgrade mode has been selected in the phantom assist.

Mako79 , I don't understand what you are pointing out. Learning something new now. I have had a problem while flying the camera keeps swinging to the right or left when the drone in level flying. Would calibrating this help me with this problem.

hey_moe said:
Mako79 , I don't understand what you are pointing out. Learning something new now. I have had a problem while flying the camera keeps swinging to the right or left when the drone in level flying. Would calibrating this help me with this problem.

When the 10.0.0.6 firmware updated, it defaulted the remote control/transmitter to absolute mode (and may of removed the absolute basic mode). If the X1/CH7 has NOT been calibrated, then it may only know 1 position in its range. If you start up the RC assist and recalibrate all the sticks AND the X1 channel (tilt wheel/rear slider) then it will register multiple positions in its range. Once done with the RC calibrations, start up the Phantom assist and calibrate all channels including the X1/Ch7. Once done, select the upgrade mode.

As for you Hey_Moe, you might be flying in FPV mode. If you want your footage to be stabled with the horizon, uncheck the FPV in your smartphone DJI app > Settings > FPV = unchecked.

Dear fellow phantom 2V+ experts....I have the upgraded Controller with thumbwheel gimbal tilt control. When I was doing desk-top install of my i-phone ...I was able to control gimbal with thumbwheel, and with i-phone slider. Then..it went to full up (red indicator on slider) and now I cannot tilt gimbal with either thumbwheel or slider.

Anyone know how to "unstick" a stuck slider?

I have reinstelled PT2, DGI Vision app and rebooted. Everything else seems to work fine. Does not appear to by physical damage...just some software glitch (or at least I hope this is the path)

So Mako, my RC is old version!
I just tried the procedure of calibration and nothing.

I can´t understand why DJI not send a update or donwgrade!

It´s terrible this situation, because almost 100% this problem is firmware and not hardware!

Mako79 said:
have you crashed your phantom?

Have you downloaded that video and checked if its the same issue?
jessegraham21 said:
are you incountering an issue simmilar to this? attached is my video
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ugewqa52i0nk ... 7.mp4?dl=0

If it is, it means you need to send back to dji and have them reflash the gimbal board.

Mako79, you have seen this problem before? reflash the gimbal board, what does this mean?

Glyph,

I very recently (3 days ago) got my PV2+ V3. When I powered on the MC for the first time, the gimble would center the camera directly ahead as it should, but the RC wheel did nothing and when I touched either arrow in the app, the camera immediately faced straight down, the slider button would go all the way down turn red from green, and it wouldn't move again. The controller wheel would do nothing. If I fired up the motors (props off inside the house) and turned or tilted the quad, the gimble would try to compensate but straight down instead of straight forward. I would turn the system off and then back on again--the camera would center straight ahead and the app slider would be all the way up and green. RC wheel wouldn't work, and touch the screen and it all went to **** again.

I uninstalled ALL of the DJI software and freshly downloaded and re-installed all of it again directly from DJI to make certain we had the most current versions. We ran both DJI RC System Assistant v1.2 and DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant v3.6 and installed ALL updates IN ORDER-- I repeat IN ORDER top to bottom. Here is what I BELIEVE made this all work. When the little windows popped up instructing us to recycle the power, I turned the battery OFF and ON BEFORE clicking OK. Once I clicked OK the screen refreshed; and I moved on to the next update. The message in the little window isn't clear about this, but I BELIEVE it is very important to do it in this sequence. I had tried several times by updating, clicking OK, and then powering OFF and ON, but it didn't solve the problems.

We then calibrated both sticks and the wheel (X1). We went from tab to tab in Assistant and calibrated everything that need calibrating.

We then shut everything down and reinstalled the Vision app on iPhones 4-4s-5-5c-6, iPads 2, 2 Air and mini 2 Air as well as two tablets with the two latest Android versions to make certain the problem was not with the Vision app. It was (and is) not. (((Personally, I find it difficult to understand why there are no DJI Vision(2) apps for Windows 8.1. MS Surface 3, Dell Venue Pro tablets and Nokia Windowsphones all run W8.1 and are the equal of iPhones and Samsung Galaxy units; and maybe even better when you consider screen size. My Nokia 920 is a great example.)))

When all the software was installed and working, we powered on the RC (props still off); then the MC, then the wireless extender. We tested all the functions--they all passed. Everything worked perfectly including the wheel and the arrows in the app on all platforms!

We installed the props, the prop guards, the camera guard advertised above on this page, and a ribbon cable guard; made certain everything was fully charged and headed for the roof which is huge, flat, and is also above the power lines, street lights, and most of the palm trees to start flying.

My son and I flew the Phantom for 8 batteries worth of time this afternoon. I was a little disappointed with the flight time of the batteries (might have been shortened by wind and by our feeling out and learning the controls by using many many incremental movements), but with three batteries we could keep flying as long as we wanted by changing out and recharging them. We had a GREAT time! Taking it step by step slowing but surely, we avoided any problems. We stayed in GPS mode (always had more than 11 sats locked) all day for the simple reason that by taking our thumbs off the sticks, the quad would hover in place and give us a chance to get our bearings and not panic. We practiced landing on a 3rd party helopad as well as "catch and release." We didn't go for any distance or altitude records--no RTH etc.; and kept the quad in sight all the time. The PV2+ V3 is so quiet that we could hover outside the kitchen window and watch my wife cook dinner without her knowing we were there. The potential for abuse with this is off the charts!

Haven't had the balls to try the new ground control (as opposed to the ground station) feature yet, so I can't say how well that works.

Just so you know, this is our first quad and we flew it today for the first time, so I hardly qualify as an expert on anything related to it.

I will probably get killed by Apple folks, but we noticed longer FPV distances before any static on the screen and much clearer FPV video generally with the $40-$120 Androids tablets than with any of the Apple's tablets or phones including the newest models. Naturally, the video quality recorded on the Micro-SD from the many flights was the same (fantastic!) regardless of FPV platform. The "fish eye effect" is fairly substantial especially when close to angular objects (straight streets, square buildings etc.), so I am going to investigate fixing that if it can be done.

After a great deal of research, I have come to the solid conclusion that DJI does indeed listen to its consumer base and is improving its products (firmware updates, component improvements like Version 3) almost on a daily basis. Unfortunately, DJI has adopted a widespread and successful business model (AT&T, Microsoft, Apple, Dell, HP, etc.) which uses that consumer base as a peer to peer tech support department. They don't seem real interested in responding directly to individual owners which is a shame because, for the money invested, these products include some awesome technology. In our case, the dealer (Drones, Etc. via Amazon) who sold us our Phantom is very willing to troubleshoot any problem with it, and even allows for its return if we are not satisfied. With the combination of a great dealer, non-defective equipment, the wealth of hands on experience available on the net, DJI updates, we feel covered.

Anyway, the solution presented here obviously worked for us, and I hope it works for anyone with similar problems!

Semper Fi!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20