Research examining future control station design standards

Reaction score
Hi,

My name is Igor Dolgov, I am an Associate Professor of Engineering Psychology at New Mexico State University. I am currently conducting a survey of the training, background, and experiences of operators of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS), as well as individuals who serve as trainers, instructors, and content creators for educational courses/materials in any domain of UAS operations. The results of the survey will be used to provide the FAA with recommendations for UAS visual observer training and certification criteria, as well as future control station design requirements.

You can participate in one of two ways: phone/skype interview or online survey. You participation would last between thirty minutes to an hour, depending on the length of your responses. You will be asked a series of questions about your background, training, and opinion of current and potential future UAS operating guidelines for integration into the National Airspace System. So, if you’d be kind enough to participate in my study by phone/skype, please email me at [email protected] to arrange a time that is convenient for you. If you would prefer to participate in my study by taking an online survey, please click on the link below or copy and paste it into any browser. There is no monetary compensation for participation. Thank you in advance for your time and help.

ONLINE SURVEY LINK: SURVEY OF UAS CREW-MEMBERS AND OTHER PERSONNEL

Igor Dolgov – [email protected]
Associate Professor
Department of Psychology
New Mexico State University

Attachments

• NMSU_UAS_Study_Flyer.pdf
    114.7 KB · Views: 359
Last edited:
The survey link is broken.

Visual Observer Training and Certification, Control Station Design Requirements???

Pilots don't require training, why VO's?

Sounds like more regulation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav