reregister 2nd hand drone

Reaction score
is it possible to re register a drone I bought second hand with DJI

No. Just install DJI GO, log into your DJI account, and fly.

Reactions: epicdoom
yeah I've been flying it just wanted it registered to me cant figure out how to change the device name also its a P34K I watched a video on the tube but my DJI go doesn't have device name listed anywhere to be changed not sure if that feature is only available on the higher priced birds

Reactions: goose342
cant figure out how to change the device name also its a P34K I watched a video on the tube but my DJI go doesn't have device name listed anywhere to be changed not sure if that feature is only available on the higher priced birds
Sounds like you are using an Android device? The last I heard, the device name change option is only available in the iOS version of the app.

Sounds like you are using an Android device? The last I heard, the device name change option is only available in the iOS version of the app.
ah ok if I use an iOS to change it will it keep it in android ? I can use my daughters device to do the change over

Reactions: goose342
yeah I've been flying it just wanted it registered to me cant figure out how to change the device name also its a P34K I watched a video on the tube but my DJI go doesn't have device name listed anywhere to be changed not sure if that feature is only available on the higher priced birds
Hi p34k only comes up on list once ac and rc conected then click std and wifi will bring up p34k

ah ok if I use an iOS to change it will it keep it in android ? I can use my daughters device to do the change over
Yes, that is exactly how Android users do the device name change.

Last edited:
Yip only ios can change,just tryed to see if it work on my p3,NO, relogged in ok thankfully,

Hi p34k only comes up on list once ac and rc conected then click std and wifi will bring up p34k
I am flying the bird under phantom 3 4k it auto connects because I power the RC then the AC then open the app and the phantom 3 4k is already on the screen I just click connect and go flying. That isn't the issue I had the drone works perfectly fine so does the app I just wanted to know if I can re register a drone that I bought second hand as in used already registered by the guy I bought it from.

Yes, that is exactly how Android users do the device name change.
Thanks Brother Ill do it on my daughters iOS

You can change the name guys on the same android... Heres how to do it

1504573354216.png
click on your picture

1504573370619.png
click on top right

1504573396324.png
can now change your name any time [emoji4]

trying to change Drone name

Reactions: Neon Euc
DJI automatically knows from the GO app. It keeps track of every move you make. Just login and fly.
Yeah would still like to have it registered by serial number under my name I can live without that though and I plan of buying the P3P so the 4k will be a back up. I bought the 4K second hand and had to replace the motors because the first owner put super long screws through prop guards and Damaged the motors. This is why I usually always buy brand new. I got it for a reasonable price so I took a chance on it. Ill buy the P3P new same as I did the P3S

Yeah would still like to have it registered by serial number under my name I can live without that though and I plan of buying the P3P so the 4k will be a back up. I bought the 4K second hand and had to replace the motors because the first owner put super long screws through prop guards and Damaged the motors. This is why I usually always buy brand new. I got it for a reasonable price so I took a chance on it. Ill buy the P3P new same as I did the P3S
They have the serial number they can see your the one flying it and the old owner is not flying it. I own a used p3a and dji said they could automatically tell by usauge who owns the drone. They consider possesion and who is currently flying a given serial number. So if you call DJI tech support will know that's the Drone you've been flying

They have the serial number they can see your the one flying it and the old owner is not flying it.
They should only have that information if you're syncing your flight logs in DJI GO. Otherwise, they likely have no idea what is going on locally.

cool deal I am syncing my flight logs. put it in the air today for a couple batteries. I haven't been flying because of GPS issues I've been having with my phone and other handheld GPS devices. I wasn't sure if something was messed up or what was going on so I decided to play it safe. I don't need it taking off into never land or worse hitting and hurting someone. My GPS has been messed up for a few days sending me all over the place not even close to where I needed to be and even told me I was in a certain area when I was in fact in an area 30 miles away. it was even giving me turn by turn from the place I wasn't. some folks are saying there have been some solar flare activity so maybe that was it. who knows Ill err on the side of caution anytime I'm in doubt, its always worked out best for me that way. thanks for the Help Guys much appreciated

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj