Requesting assistance for a prospective Phantom owner..

Reaction score
Good evening folks..

First of all, hello and and I hope you dont mind my introduction being more of a question than anything else..

I own a GoPro 4 silver, and the GoPro Smart Remote (non-wifi).

I'm wondering.. if I get the phantom 2, how in the world would I be able to take still shots while it is mounted to the phantom and it is out of range of the remote? I understand that I can get it to take videos, by simply starting the camera before takeoff. But its the still shots that I am most interested in. Can anyone a shine light on how how I can do this?

Thank you!

MM

You have to set it (GoPro) to take shots automatically at time specified by you before you take off. If you attempt it while flying with your remote you will probably crash the Phantom as the remote and your transmitter are on the same frequency. The GoPro remote will interfere with DJI transmitter both being on 2.4ghz.

I dont understand.. how can one foresee a the time they want to take a picture? If your flight time is off my seconds, then you wont have your shot.
More importantly, you dont always know what you want a snapshot of until you see it through the POV...

So.. this is an issue, then, that all phantom owners/photographers deal with? they cant take stills without setting up a time frame?

MadMaddox said:
I dont understand.. how can one foresee a the time they want to take a picture? If your flight time is off my seconds, then you wont have your shot.
More importantly, you dont always know what you want a snapshot of until you see it through the POV...

So.. this is an issue, then, that all phantom owners/photographers deal with? they cant take stills without setting up a time frame?

Nope, you can only do time lapse using a GoPro. You set your camera to the appropriate time/frames IE: every 10 secs then do your flight. Then choose the shots you want from record shots.

Well that wasnt the answer i was hoping for, but i did ask for the facts.
Thank you much for the information..

Dronexpert.nl - "It is now also possible to shoot images + photos remotely on GoPro + Quickrelease + Vision plus + Smart remote:
Normally you need to set the GoPro on record/timelapse before you go on a flight. It is now possible to shoot the images and video remotely on the Vision Plus with the Quickrelease + Smart Remote."

I haven't tried it yet, but here is a program that claims to make an HDR image from a few frames of your video.
http://hdrinstant.com/

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl