Request for P2V+ & ToughCase XRV+ owners

Reaction score
I'm up in the air between the XRV+ and the HPRC2700WPHA2

My request:
Could someone please post a straight down pic of the case (XRV+) with the remote in place with the phone clip attached and nothing else?

I have a feeling that the case might accommodate my tablet mount with very little, or maybe even no modification as long as I rotate the mount before storing but I can't get a good enough of a look from the pics on Tradecraft's site.

I'm about 99% positive that the HPRC2700WPHA2 will do it no problem, and I wouldn't even have to go through the process of cutting a slot to store my tablet, but I would love to go with the smaller case if I can.

Also, there's a lot I really like about the XRV+. The size, slots for 5 batteries, the price. But I question the clearance between the props and the egg shell foam on top. I know Tradecraft says they tested it but I'd love to hear from you guys about this. I'd much rather no contact with the egg shell... which is why I haven't ruled out the HPRC case. I do realize that the 2700WPHA2 would need some modification to the foam if I want the props to sit flush with the case foam but I feel better about cutting the foam on the bottom of that case rather than the egg shell of the XRV+.

Thanks! :)

Farside said:
I'm up in the air between the XRV+ and the HPRC2700WPHA2

My request:
Could someone please post a straight down pic of the case (XRV+) with the remote in place with the phone clip attached and nothing else?

I have a feeling that the case might accommodate my tablet mount with very little, or maybe even no modification as long as I rotate the mount before storing but I can't get a good enough of a look from the pics on Tradecraft's site.

I'm about 99% positive that the HPRC2700WPHA2 will do it no problem, and I wouldn't even have to go through the process of cutting a slot to store my tablet, but I would love to go with the smaller case if I can.

Also, there's a lot I really like about the XRV+. The size, slots for 5 batteries, the price. But I question the clearance between the props and the egg shell foam on top. I know Tradecraft says they tested it but I'd love to hear from you guys about this. I'd much rather no contact with the egg shell... which is why I haven't ruled out the HPRC case. I do realize that the 2700WPHA2 would need some modification to the foam if I want the props to sit flush with the case foam but I feel better about cutting the foam on the bottom of that case rather than the egg shell of the XRV+.

Thanks! :)

Attachments

• Case plain.jpg
    Case plain.jpg
    576.8 KB · Views: 806
  • Case.jpg
    Case.jpg
    580.4 KB · Views: 818
Thanks, Skyhighdiver, but I need a shot of the Plus version of the case. (XRV+)

I realize that there isn't much different but the one thing that is different is kind of crucial for what I'm hoping to do.
(The remote faces the bird on the Plus version so the tablet mount only has a limited amount of room for me to work with)

nice setup btw ;)

btw, Skyhighdiver, a question about the foam.
Is it soft and spongy or stiffer foam? It looks stiffer which I assume is easier to cut and customize, yea?
But does it flake or create foam dust?

Farside said:
btw, Skyhighdiver, a question about the foam.
Is it soft and spongy or stiffer foam? It looks stiffer which I assume is easier to cut and customize, yea?
But does it flake or create foam dust?

no its almost like pool noodles cuts nice with razor knife no dust or flakes from case itself
the upper lid foam is softer egg crate stuff but have had no tearing or flaking at all
I love mine so much I got a second for my r/c boat stuff with a blank foam block of same type
from here the actual maker of the case

http://www.seahorse920cases.com/

for the phantom Vision it is still cheaper from tradecraft as they have the premade cutouts for the craft

skyhighdiver said:
no its almost like pool noodles cuts nice with razor knife no dust or flakes from case itself
the upper lid foam is softer egg crate stuff but have had no tearing or flaking at all
I love mine so much I got a second for my r/c boat stuff with a blank foam block of same type
from here the actual maker of the case

http://www.seahorse920cases.com/

for the phantom Vision it is still cheaper from tradecraft as they have the premade cutouts for the craft
Thanks for that!
I'm definitely leaning towards Tradecraft on size alone and you clearing up my worries about dust only helps!
I think if no one is able to post a pic of the Plus case, I'll order one in the morning.

Thanks again!!

btw, I did not know it is a Seahorse case.. I was looking at buying one of those in my search.

MikesTooLz said:
I just ordered one of these and it should be arriving tomorrow.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHzAtN3o7VE[/youtube]

but it uses pick and pluck foam not as durable and sheds dust as parts rub on it
and not near as easy to make nice custom fitting holes
ok for storage but if doing any traveling may lead to disaster

Here is a picture, Hope it helps. Great case by the way.

Attachments

• 20140527_180707_resized_3.jpg
    20140527_180707_resized_3.jpg
    277 KB · Views: 721
Rabbit2555 said:
Here is a picture, Hope it helps. Great case by the way.
That is a HUGE help... thanks!!! That should accommodate my tablet mount easily. Maybe a lil bit of slicing but I feel much better about it now. Thanks again.

How do you find the prop clearance?

No problem, they seem to fit just fine but i just take them off to be safe since it only takes 30 seconds to get them off.

Rabbit2555 said:
No problem, they seem to fit just fine but i just take them off to be safe since it only takes 30 seconds to get them off.
Thanks!
I'm a little lazy like that. Storing the bird or going on a trip I see myself removing them but if I'm just bouncing from spot to spot I'd rather leave them on.
Thanks again guys... I shall be ordering.

If you go to harbor freight, you can buy a hot foam knife. Works great with the trade craft case foam. Like a hot knife through butter!

skyhighdiver said:
but it uses pick and pluck foam not as durable and sheds dust as parts rub on it

Just got it today and I'm loving it so far. Made a nice custom fit for my Phantom 2 Vision+. I am impressed with the amount of foam padding it has on the lid, about 3 times as thick as the last case I had that was a harder stiff foam. The pull and pluck foam it came with is actually pretty sturdy.

The two things I love the most about this seahorse case is that it has wheels so I can easily roll it around and it is also carry on size so I don't have to check it when flying.

I temporarily had an "Aluminum" case with custom phantom 2 vision+ foam inserts. With the aluminum case I still felt like I needed to baby the phantom inside to avoid any damage. With this seahorse case I get the feeling that I can toss the case around and be as rough as I want without risking any damage to the phantom.

MikesTooLz said:
skyhighdiver said:

Just got it today and I'm loving it so far. Made a nice custom fit for my Phantom 2 Vision+. I am impressed with the amount of foam padding it has on the lid, about 3 times as thick as the last case I had that was a harder stiff foam. The pull and pluck foam it came with is actually pretty sturdy.

The two things I love the most about this seahorse case is that it has wheels so I can easily roll it around and it is also carry on size so I don't have to check it when flying.

I temporarily had an "Aluminum" case with custom phantom 2 vision+ foam inserts. With the aluminum case I still felt like I needed to baby the phantom inside to avoid any damage. With this seahorse case I get the feeling that I can toss the case around and be as rough as I want without risking any damage to the phantom.

by the way its the same case as tradecraft just cheaper foam you can always upgrade later if you want
this is the place tradecraft get it http://www.seahorse920cases.com/

I have the tradecraft case and that case looks the same. But the custom foam isn't even close to the stuff tradecraft uses

I just wanted to report back to let anyone interested know that the case (XRV+) and my tablet mount are playing very nicely together.

It fit without any trimming but it was very snug so I ended up trimming the foam just a tiny bit and it's perfect now.

The case itself... I'm very impressed with. I love the size, plenty of room but not massive. Big thumbs up.

Thanks for your help, guys!

MikesTooLz said:
I just ordered one of these and it should be arriving tomorrow.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHzAtN3o7VE[/youtube]

I was thinking of buying it from seahorse and buying the foam myself and cutting it out instead of buying it from toughcase and save 70$. Which foam did you buy? the pick and pluck or the layered foam? Then of course there are 5 different layered foams to choose from...

So which foam and was it easy to cut?

Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers