Repurposing a battery

Reaction score
Hey there,

This isn’t a drone question but still related.

I have 2 DJI Batteries for my P3s. I crashed the drone so the batteries are spare. I read that these are 12volts. I want to use these batteries for my child’s ride on car (otherwise known as power wheels in the US). These are powered by a 12v Alkaline battery.

Does anyone know if the batteries have an battery management system build it ? I’m wondering if I wire them up will the BMS stop them from being run dry? Or would I have to manage it myself by constantly checking the led indicators on the batteries?

Hey there,

I have 2 DJI Batteries for my P3s. I crashed the drone so the batteries are spare. I read that these are 12volts. I want to use these batteries for my child’s ride on car (otherwise known as power wheels in the US). These are powered by a 12v Alkaline battery.

Does anyone know if the batteries have an battery management system build it ? I’m wondering if I wire them up will the BMS stop them from being run dry? Or would I have to manage it myself by constantly checking the led indicators on the batteries?
The Phantom 3 batteries are 15.2 volts..... they are a bit small so I would expect they would run out fairly quickly unless rigged in parallel with each other. This whole thing is a risky endeavor for your electronics and the batteries may burn up if discharged too quickly.

Hey there,

The BMS is specific to the Phantom charger and drone. Do not risk burning your child by attempting to repurpose the batteries. Does not Mattel make a rechargeable 12 volt battery for the Power Wheels?

Hello! I found your post about extra batteries. Might you want to sell them? If you are interested let me know cause I need one LOL.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl