Reporting commercial drone use outside the rules?

Ike

Reaction score
I'm as fed up as anyone else with how long the 333 exemption process has been, and the delay in publishing rules under 170, and the current pilot license requirement. More and more I see people flying for money that clearly are outside even the loosest envelope of the rules.

Are you reporting people to the local FSDO?

What do people think of this?

I mind my own business. I expect others to do the same.

Reactions: kev0
I'm as fed up as anyone else with how long the 333 exemption process has been, and the delay in publishing rules under 170, and the current pilot license requirement. More and more I see people flying for money that clearly are outside even the loosest envelope of the rules.
When you see someone flying, how can you tell that they are flying for money?

When you see someone flying, how can you tell that they are flying for money?
I have to agree with Meta... how do you know they are flying for non-hobby purposes, and even if they are how do you know if they have a #333 exception or not? Unless they admit it to you, how can you be sure?

When you see commercial video online that you know isn't gathered under a 333 or with a licensed pilot? I'm not referring to people that are out flying or the videos that are clearly "look where I flew today" clips.

Hehehe, suck it up boys, I'll report any idiot that I see flying that I know are breaking rules. I also know the 333 exempts in my area so if I see someone flying that then brags about it, guess what, they get reported.

If you dont want idiots like me reporting you (general you) then shut your fing mouths & do what the heck your supposed to within the scope of what we are supposed to be doing. Yup, I'm a law following stickler.

Reactions: Ike and RodC
Hehehe, suck it up boys, I'll report any idiot that I see flying that I know are breaking rules. I also know the 333 exempts in my area so if I see someone flying that then brags about it, guess what, they get reported.

If you dont want idiots like me reporting you (general you) then shut your fing mouths & do what the heck your supposed to within the scope of what we are supposed to be doing. Yup, I'm a law following stickler.
You do what you gotta do but ease up a little when you post here. Feel free to post but don't do it with an attitude.

No one here said they were flying commercially without an exception and no one here advocated it. There is a rule about being nice, please follow it.

Unknown.jpg

I would not report it. To me, that would be like calling the cops every time someone went 5 over the speed limit. I do not think the 333 is even necessary. I don't think a pilot's license is necessary either. So, I don't support the enforcement of those rules.

ehh whatever, as I said, guess the (General You) didnt hint that I wasnt referring to anyone here. And if I had attitude you would know it. :p
Considering I've seen cursing elsewhere on here, I didnt realize mine was over the line. So if cursing is not allowed then guess those posts should be reported? :D

And yup, I've reported a couple locals that bragged about it, bragged about in effect telling the FAA to blow off they would do what they wanted too (an attitude I've just saw in another thread on here) & selling their stuff not only online but at local art shows knowing its a violation since they didnt have a 333 at the time & hadnt even applied for one. That right there is enuff to irk me to report them.
Again, if General you dont want to get into trouble then dont brag about it, which I'm not saying if anyone on here did or didnt do, I dont remember lil stuff like that. :p

I would not report it. To me, that would be like calling the cops every time someone went 5 over the speed limit. I do not think the 333 is even necessary. I don't think a pilot's license is necessary either. So, I don't support the enforcement of those rules.

In a way Tim I agree with you, I dont see the need for a pilots license either, I dont like it so I havent gotten my 333 yet. But I also dont fly to make money from my drones, nor do I fly my drone then claim that I'm only being paid for the editting, or some other trumped up reason. :confused: Thats my choice.
I do know a couple locals to me did that, hence my reporting them.

I also dont agree with seatbelt laws nor cellphone usage laws while driving, as they are enforcable under already written laws. But I still have to abide by them, so I grudgingly abide by them as its the law.

Right now the law is that you must have a 333 to basically make money with your drone, so rightfully in the USA you must abide by it. When or if the FAA decides to change the commercial aspect of the law & believe me I hope they do lossen them up, I'll follow the laws then. (General Yous in this paragraph)

Its my opinion, everyone is entitled to their own, & my opinion only applies to the USA as thats where I am a citizen so I have no right to speak about another countries laws or rules & regs. :)

Reactions: Tim in Florida
Considering I've seen cursing elsewhere on here, I didnt realize mine was over the line. So if cursing is not allowed then guess those posts should be reported? :D
It is not allowed DD
Most are reported or at least by me and has been removed or edited out .If you see any report it .
And just so you know just taking a few letters out
shut your fing mouths
Is the same to me as spelling it out .Maybe me report you :p
Snitch.jpg

I really wish people would stop worrying so much about what the other person is doing. If you're not reporting to save a person or their property...or yours....if you are just pissed that someone is doing something you want to do but won't and just want to tell on them...You are a rat. I hate rats. ..,

Reactions: Moose
I really wish people would stop worrying so much about what the other person is doing. If you're not reporting to save a person or their property...or yours....if you are just pissed that someone is doing something you want to do but won't and just want to tell on them...You are a rat. I hate rats. ..,
Now Monte you know we don't call other's here names.
Maybe imply but don't say that .

Some people don't have anything better to do. Just ignore him.
88e093103001fa885ef4ae28555d4593.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Some people don't have anything better to do. Just ignore him.
88e093103001fa885ef4ae28555d4593.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
If your referring to Dirkclod is not wrong, just trying to help. - Community Rules
The OP also has his opinion but you don't have to agree to it.

Unknown.jpg

Reactions: dirkclod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik