Replacing the Yaw P4 question

Reaction score
Hi folks,

After a crash I ordered a new yaw from ebay. But I am stuck with dismantling the old yaw, at the final spot.

If I can get this loose, I have the old one in my hands. Please help.

Itś the spot where the yaw fits to the bottom of the body. There is a flat cabel running into (I think) the body stepper motor, This cable is running through a small channel which is covered. The cover has two small screws, which I can only access from the bottom side. I cannot reach these.

Can anyone telle me what the next step is? I searched on youtube, but there is only a Tuto for the P3.

Kind regards, Rene

Attachments

• 20160925_121750_resized.jpg
    20160925_121750_resized.jpg
    848.1 KB · Views: 367
Erised, maybe you're right.

I just finished the job, I had to remove the complete gimball from the drone body, and loosen 4 screws that hold the horizontal stepper motor.
The replacement of the yaw is a job that you have to do when you are rested well. I am a little used to micro electronics, but this job beat it all.

After replacement I was a little concerned that the gimball would not work, since there are so many parts that have to be removed. But I tested it and all works fine again.

By the way, I bought this yaw from ebay - china. Seller called extremediy. The yaw had to be adapted with a small grinder. After complaining, he offered me a cash back of 3 USD. He earned a negative feedback for this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues