Replacing the Lightbridge module in the P3P

Reaction score
Hey guys, my first post here.

I am waiting for the arrival of a v2.0 P3P with the new motors and the reduced power video module in the Phantom, and at the same time I have a crashed v1.0 P3P with an intact higher power Lightbridge module.

Would it be possible to move the module from the crashed one to the new one, and bind it to the new radio?

Thanks in advance for any insight! :)

Hey guys, my first post here.

I am waiting for the arrival of a v2.0 P3P with the new motors and the reduced power video module in the Phantom, and at the same time I have a crashed v1.0 P3P with an intact higher power Lightbridge module.

Would it be possible to move the module from the crashed one to the new one, and bind it to the new radio?

Thanks in advance for any insight! :)
I haven't done this myself, but I would expect that it should work without issue. You'd need to remove the VPS board to access the LB board underneath. Pay close attention to where the antenna wires connect. I do recall reading here once that someone removed those wires for something but then lost track of where they connected. After replacing the board, I'd expect you'd need to reflash the FW. Again, I have not done this myself so I am just thinking out loud here.

Also, are you sure you want to use the new RC? Which version do you have now? If A or B, maybe continue to use that one in case the new one is version C.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
I haven't done this myself, but I would expect that it should work without issue. You'd need to remove the VPS board to access the LB board underneath. Pay close attention to where the antenna wires connect. I do recall reading here once that someone removed those wires for something but then lost reach of where they connected. After replacing the board, I'd expect you'd need to reflash the FW. Again, I have not done this myself so I am just thinking out loud here.

Also, are you sure you want to use the new RC? Which version do you have now? If A or B, maybe continue to use that one in case the new one is version C.
Thanks for the reply! How can I tell which version it is?

Thanks for the reply! How can I tell which version it is?
Just look at the sticker on the back. It will be model GL300A, GL300B or GL300C.

Check out this post for more detailed information of the differences.

Just look at the sticker on the back. It will be model GL300A, GL300B or GL300C.

Right... I should have looked first! :)

And just to be sure... I am guessing this is not the PCB responsible for the radio:

a7972434-159-4.jpg

But rather I have to be looking at this one if I decide to move them between radio cases:

a7972436-97-6.jpg

Looks like you are talking about something completely different than what I understood.

When we talk here about the LB module/board, we are usually talking about the board on the P3 itself. It is contained within the VPS module underneath the VPS board when the module cover is removed. I can't comment at all about the inside of the RC other than the plastic is very weak and has often broken internally.

Sorry to be no help. Good luck.

Looks like you are talking about something completely different than what I understood.

When we talk here about the LB module/board, we are usually talking about the board on the P3 itself. It is contained within the VPS module underneath the VPS board when the module cover is removed. I can't comment at all about the inside of the RC other than the plastic is very weak and has often broken internally.

Sorry to be no help. Good luck.
Actually my original question was about the LB board on the Phantom, I know quite well where it is. Now as my thinking goes to new places I also decided to ask about the radio, because I am thinking of moving that board over as well if it is a more powerful model. :)

Thanks for the input. :)

Reactions: Oso
All of it is the same. The main board is different, but I heard some one got away with swapping a new stile with the old. I swapped out the light brige, on my old [ V-1 ] P3 to the new [V2] P3 and it is working fine.
Thanks for the input.

Are you talking about the Phantom LB module, or the controller main board?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic