Replacing ESC/Center Board

Reaction score
Hello,

I have had a crash with my P3P and am getting an ESC error.

I have decided to replace the ESC/Center/Motherboard.
Do I have to replace the motors at the same time please?
All the motors revolve freely with no damage to them.

Regards, Guy.

Hello,

I have had a crash with my P3P and am getting an ESC error.

I have decided to replace the ESC/Center/Motherboard.
Do I have to replace the motors at the same time please?
All the motors revolve freely with no damage to them.

Regards, Guy.
your probably should test each of them before soldering them to the new board

Cheers for the answer.
Is that test for them continuity or test run them with power?

I would test run them with power-- without props of course--

So would it be better to test the motors first and if I replace them if faulty, could the ECS error go away without replacing the whole board?

So would it be better to test the motors first and if I replace them if faulty, could the ECS error go away without replacing the whole board?
if the motors are free turning by hand-- then they should be good, but test them--- when you de-solder them from the main board, hook each one up to an external ESC and test it free of the P3-- you will need an an external ESC, 30AMP, an rc receiver to run the ESC and RC transmitter, -- Use any 3 cell lipo to power the ESC.

You can take an ohm meter to the motors. As long as you did not stall them out under load(overheat) the armature should not be magnetized and the magnets should have the correct polarity. Just check for continuity across the leads, should see around .2 ohms.

Jeremy

OK, thank you for the advice.

Is there available any information regarding repairing the P3 or even just a circuit diagram would help?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20