Replacement Standard remote antenna

Reaction score
Hi just a question on replacing the original Standard remote antenna
I fitted original remote has been fitted with the DBS booster .When I had range problems I bought another one on Ebay (you know eBay descriptions "Works perfectly" yeah right) Anyway I can get my boosted one to work but the second one will not link to the AC . I took the back off it and everything looks ok with the connectors on and the original silicon in place. The only thing a bit sus is that the antenna wont move around in its mount you can bend it up and down but not twist it.
My intention is to fiddle around with it to see if I can get it to work . With this in mind all I want to do is replace this antenna 5.8GHz..I looked on ebay and there are different types of 5.8s Some of the Wiffi one are 2.4/5.8 ?
What would you sugest ?
Thanks

Hi just a question on replacing the original Standard remote antenna
I fitted original remote has been fitted with the DBS booster .When I had range problems I bought another one on Ebay (you know eBay descriptions "Works perfectly" yeah right) Anyway I can get my boosted one to work but the second one will not link to the AC . I took the back off it and everything looks ok with the connectors on and the original silicon in place. The only thing a bit sus is that the antenna wont move around in its mount you can bend it up and down but not twist it.
My intention is to fiddle around with it to see if I can get it to work . With this in mind all I want to do is replace this antenna 5.8GHz..I looked on ebay and there are different types of 5.8s Some of the Wiffi one are 2.4/5.8 ?
What would you sugest ?
Thanks
If it's a new controller the antenna can be stiff moving side to side. as for the duel band antennas I have never had any luck with them. I've tried the di pole and circuit board

I have to admit I don't know a lot about how it all works but I had assumed the main antenna was for AC control and that maybe where the problem with not linking was .Am I wrong in thinking this.n
I found a Chinese dipole with circuit but l don't know how it would wire into the controller

I have to admit I don't know a lot about how it all works but I had assumed the main antenna was for AC control and that maybe where the problem with not linking was .Am I wrong in thinking this.n
I found a Chinese dipole with circuit but l don't know how it would wire into the controller
can you upload some pictures.

Thank for that I think I have watched that before I did the
DBS mod on my other controller so I know how to do the mod . I was just going try a new lead and antenna to see if I could get my second stock controller to work .

If your worried about the RC antenna and want to replace it. You will need one of the cables in the video and your choice of antenna.

I went throughTucson many years ago I remember the cactus ,massive things.I was a long way from home .About 22 hr in a Jumbo

Ok I had a look .You have plenty of area to fly over without worrying about dropping on someones head .You had a P2 so you have been at for a while.
I only bought my Standard in December Ive only had 10 flights due to FW trouble and sending it back .I bought an Advanced in the mean time .Now they are both working on older FW some Im reluctant to change anything.
I worked in Montana then traveled around the US Canada and Mexico many years ago
Look under my pseudonym vimeo.com/franksmithtse not all drone videos .

Attachments

• 2011-03-10_80.JPG
    2011-03-10_80.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 289
  • 2011-03-10_79.JPG
    2011-03-10_79.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 293
  • 2011-03-24_88.JPG
    2011-03-24_88.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 263
Ok I had a look .You have plenty of area to fly over without worrying about dropping on someones head .You had a P2 so you have been at for a while.
I only bought my Standard in December Ive only had 10 flights due to FW trouble and sending it back .I bought an Advanced in the mean time .Now they are both working on older FW some Im reluctant to change anything.
I worked in Montana then traveled around the US Canada and Mexico many years ago
Look under my pseudonym vimeo.com/franksmithtse not all drone videos .
Oh yes a lot of room. My brother N law just about put his P3a into the side of a cactus.

I fell in a smaller one when I had too much to drink one night with some of the locals.The memory of the pain still lingers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic