Replacement Securing Pins

Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendations on where to get the locking pins that is used to attached the gimbal to the base plate? They are clear plastic and you use 2 to attach the rig, I've enclosed a pic if it helps.

Attachments

• new_h3_3d_0003.jpg
    new_h3_3d_0003.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 621
joro85 said:
Does anyone have any recommendations on where to get the locking pins that is used to attached the gimbal to the base plate? They are clear plastic and you use 2 to attach the rig, I've enclosed a pic if it helps.

Nobody uses those. Most use zip ties. Way better!

lightingbryan said:
joro85 said:

Thanks for the tip! Two quick follow-ups: (1) I'm assuming I should still only use 2 in the same position (diagonal from each other) and (2) I'm also assuming they shouldn't be tight which would prevent the dampers from working effectively?

joro85 said:
lightingbryan said:
joro85 said:

Thanks for the tip! Two quick follow-ups: (1) I'm assuming I should still only use 2 in the same position (diagonal from each other) and (2) I'm also assuming they shouldn't be tight which would prevent the dampers from working effectively?
Yes, same holes and don't tighten down tight

I am actually using 4 zip ties, just kept all of them a tiny bit loose. No vibrations at all, very smooth video with H3-3D gimbal. Zip ties are the way to go, cost nothing and are very easy to replace, just cut them off and put new ones.

You actually don't need anything... these pins or zip ties are ONLY an addtional security. The dampers are strong enough to hold the gimbal in place. BUT, if anyone is loosing his gimbal in flight let me know because I don't believe it can happend under "normal" use...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik