Replacement RC USB cable

Reaction score
The stock USB cable between the RC and my Nexus 7 tablet is way longer than it needs to be. Admittedly this is a minor irritation, but I would prefer a cable just the right length, about 1 foot for my setup. I bought a cheapie on ebay, but it didn't work (and I got a refund).

Can anyone recommend a 1 foot USB (not Lightning) cable that works well for them, preferably white?

Thank you for the suggestions. Surprising that 1 foot USB cables are so rare, especially in white. May buy the Powerjive set of 5 cables and discard 4 of them.
I wonder if the cable has to be shielded to work properly.

I think any cable which is supposed to do data sync will probably work, I don't suppose DJI went overboard on quality by the look of the one supplied.
I have a short one with a 90 degree bend on the plug fits much neater but it was very cheap and does cause more pixellated video.
I quite like the idea of a spare in the case as more than once the original has almost accidentally been left behind.
I suspect any decent phone cable should work since they are usually for charging and sync.

I am using this cheaper extendible USB-microUSB cable from eBay with my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 - Retractable Micro USB Charger Cable for Samsung Galaxy S3 S4 S5 S6 Edge Note 4 3 Only need to extend it to 1 foot length for connection.

23159813275_2832afd7e2_c.jpg

To see what sort of shielding might be present, I discovered the stock cable connects the metal shells on either end together, but some other similar USB cables that I own do not. When full-screen video data is going to the phone/tablet, I wonder if it's possible EMI from a poorly-shielded cable could interfere with the control or video receiver and reduce your range.

Few USB cables specify what kind of shielding they have, but the fact the DJI cable apparently is shielded indicates it maybe important.

I finally realized that I could just wind the stock cable around the base of the antennas to take up the excess length. Along with my new Inspire mobile device holder to eliminate wobble, the remote now feels a lot better to me.

[QUOTE

I finally realized that I could just wind the stock cable around the base of the antennas to take up the excess length. Along with my new Inspire mobile device holder to eliminate wobble, the remote now feels a lot better to me.[/QUOTE]

I wind mine around one end of the handle so there is no chance of it interfering with the antenna.

You could also get one of these-

Dynamic 3D Solutions

It's cheap enough and it really helps keep the cable wrapped neatly. I like it because I prefer the stock ipad cable even though it's longer. If you wrap it just right it keeps the usb connection nice and solid in place. Plus it's always on the rc- can't ever forget it! I made it my own with a little securing and I'm glad I got it.

1123152105.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1