Replacement Props

Reaction score
So i ordered an extra set of replacement props just to toss into my kit. I'm still running the original pair it came with, and i also have the backups it came with, so now i have 3 sets of props, 1 that are in use, and 2 sets as backups.

When i ordered the props, i ordered 2 packages for like 18 dollars from amazon, thinking that 4 propellers would come in the box, i was surprise that only a black and a silver came in the package. I'm glad i ordered 2 boxes then to complete the set.

WTF, why don't they sell all 4 together? That just doesn't make much sense to me, lol

I am still using the original props on my P2 & P3 and have both sets of spares still in the packaging. My P2 has been in service for a couple years, the P3 1 year. If you don't crash they will last a long time.

By the way DJI sells props for $6 a set. $18 sounds really high if your in the states.

Im still flying on my original set of props, they're holding up pretty good so far, clipped a tree branch the first day i got the phantom, but it stayed in the air, just some very minor nicks and scratches on the blades, she flies great, actually just competed my 21st flight since i got her 2 weeks ago. but just thought id pick up an extra set just to be prepared in case i need to swap em out at some point

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I am still on my original props with no incidents (yet). I have about 2,000,000 feet and 150 flights and they still look like new. I inspect them befor and after every flight and the prop hubs and mounts show very very little wear, I need a flash light and magnifying glass to do my inspections. I will replace them as needed or once a year witch ever comes first.

Reactions: Suhail78
Here's hoping you make it through the end of the year before the witch shows up. Not sure you'll make it with Halloween around the corner.

I am still on my original props with no incidents (yet). I have about 2,000,000 feet and 150 flights and they still look like new. I inspect them befor and after every flight and the prop hubs and mounts show very very little wear, I need a flash light and magnifying glass to do my inspections. I will replace them as needed or once a year witch ever comes first.

Reactions: Michaelangelo
Im still flying on my original set of props, they're holding up pretty good so far, clipped a tree branch the first day i got the phantom, but it stayed in the air, just some very minor nicks and scratches on the blades, she flies great, actually just competed my 21st flight since i got her 2 weeks ago. but just thought id pick up an extra set just to be prepared in case i need to swap em out at some point

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Let us know how this turns out ....

I replace props after ANY attempt to play Cusinart or trenching machine. It's easy to have small stress fractures along the tips that could break off in flight. It's just not worth it, IMHO.

I'm nearing 2,000,000 feet as well and my props only show signs of slicing through bugs.

Reactions: Suhail78
Let us know how this turns out ....

I replace props after ANY attempt to play Cusinart or trenching machine. It's easy to have small stress fractures along the tips that could break off in flight. It's just not worth it, IMHO.

Hey thanks for the advice WetDog! I inspect them before every flight, there doesnt seem to be any cracks or anything of that nature! I update this post when i finally do retire them!

Here's hoping you make it through the end of the year before the witch shows up. Not sure you'll make it with Halloween around the corner.
LOL! Yea the witches broom nicks the prop sometimes.(I get that mixed up and other stuff too, I even passed my english as a second language course with good marks).

Reactions: Dirty Bird
Replacement props for the DJI phantom 3 are fairly inexpensive. Kinda like guitar strings

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik