replacement motors

Here's a supplier for original DJI spares: http://www.helipal.com/phantom2-vision- ... d5th8flsg7

You can see the cost difference between those and the "tribute" motor you found. ;) Personally I'd replace with DJI motors or something more expensive, rather than going way cheaper bearing in mind that the motors are the only things keeping my $1200 in the air...

Yep good idea... I just bought me 4 of em.... hopefully that will fix my problem...

Anyone put bullet connectors in instead of soldering?

Soldering is not what I'm worried about... more or less the resistance the connection may give to the circuit and power loss... **** technical stuff

Pull_Up said:
There was a post just recently where someone had done just that.

Pro - saves getting a soldering iron close to the ESC if you snip and re-use the existing motor wires. Con - it's double the amount of soldering per motor when you first install them.

I have successfully replaced all 5 motors at different times... I also thought about doing bullets but didn't for the very reason Pull Up mentioned. Too much hassle. Be very Very careful with the ESCs they are delicate. I had to replace one unfortunately when removing the wires I pulled to hard too early and it removed the dang contact with it! Grr. Luckily they are cheap but still..

Good luck. Im sure you can solder waaay better than I. I think my dog can probably solder better than me. :)

JJ

I have had very poor results in the past soldering on circuit boards is why I am leaning towards the bullet connectors. I really don't want to have to buy a board cus I screwed it up.

I'm having my stock DJI motors replaced with new DJI motors. But, the new motors are the self-tightening(black/silver nuts).
I'm having a dealer do it, because me and soldering irons are a very dangerous combination.
I sent them 24, 3mm bullet connectors, and all 4 engines will have all 6 wires with bullet connectors. I hope the 3mm are not too small. That was what was recommended.

However, for future engine upgrades, it should be a 10 minute job to swap them out.....

I'm looking to buy these bad boys... I can find a few 3mm and a lot 3.5mm ones... where did you get yours and did the 3mm ones work?

kamkilla said:
I'm looking to buy these bad boys... I can find a few 3mm and a lot 3.5mm ones... where did you get yours and did the 3mm ones work?
What "bad boys"??
I got the 3mm connectors at a local hobby shop. Someone else used 3.5mm because that is what they had laying around. I'm not sure what the "standard" is for connectors.
I've only ever seen the DJI Red Motor that had bullet connectors on them. Everything else comes with just bare wires.

havasuphoto said:
I'm having my stock DJI motors replaced with new DJI motors. But, the new motors are the self-tightening(black/silver nuts).
I'm having a dealer do it, because me and soldering irons are a very dangerous combination.
I sent them 24, 3mm bullet connectors, and all 4 engines will have all 6 wires with bullet connectors. I hope the 3mm are not too small. That was what was recommended.

However, for future engine upgrades, it should be a 10 minute job to swap them out.....
Not sure if I am missing something here having done a couple of motor changes myself but unless any future motors are supplied with bullet connectors you will still have three solder joint to accomplish ie fitting new connectors. The same number as soldering onto the ESC.
Thinking it through as I write is it just a risk mitigation thing ?

kingcat200 said:
havasuphoto said:

Not sure if I am missing something here having done a couple of motor changes myself but unless any future motors are supplied with bullet connectors you will still have three solder joint to accomplish ie fitting new connectors. The same number as soldering onto the ESC.
Thinking it through as I write is it just a risk mitigation thing ?
You are correct; most motors don't come with bullet connectors. However, I'm not letting anyone touch the ESC. I fully realize this is 24 new soldier joint connections, but it doesn't really matter to me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues