Replacement Camera for Phantom Vision?

Reaction score
Well, the dreaded flyaway happened on my third flight. Phantom flew fine for about 10 minutes, enough for me to have confidence to let it get up around 100 feet. Then, it started making large circles (maybe 50 feet in diameter), about three times, then, zoom, off to the right and away from me, out of sight, then a noise that sounded like props vs tree. After three hours in the woods, I went door to door with flyers showing the Phantom with my phone number. Later that evening, I got a call from a guy who found it!

Other than two props shredded and some plastic that had to be popped back in place, the phantom is 100% intact and flying...except that I cant find the camera...

Any advice? Can I buy a replacement?

I have a gopro hero3, so I can uses that if need be...any advice on using a gopro on thenVision would be helpful too....thanks!

Sorry to hear about your Fly Away. Question - Do you remember if you followed correct startup procedure exactly? Was TX powered on before the Vision? Was the Vision left alone and allowed to connect to adequate number of satellites for GPS?

As for a replacement camera, you can get one but they aren't cheap. The camera comes as a unit along with the OSD module and Wifi module. Replacement cost is $499.

Yes, followed startup with wifi/controller before vision. Had 9 satellites and green before takeoff, within a minute of flying had 12 satellites.

Where can I buy that camera unit?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4