Replacement Antenna for Ground Station

Reaction score
Hi, I seem to have misplace my Ground Station's antenna. Can anyone suggest a replacement (can't seem to find one through the DJI website, etc.) or even a better upgrade to the original? Thanks!

doktorinjh said:
Hi, I seem to have misplace my Ground Station's antenna. Can anyone suggest a replacement (can't seem to find one through the DJI website, etc.) or even a better upgrade to the original? Thanks!
Any 2.4GHz antenna (for example, off an old wifi router) will be fine. Just make sure you get the correct center pin configuration for the connector. Some are male and some are female.
Also I have a spare original GS antenna if you want it. Just pay shipping. Although I'm in New Zealand the shipping will probably be more than the cost of an antenna!
Cheers
Rob.

I just crashed my Phantom 2 & Datalink and the props cut off both Datalink antennas (Air End). Will the WIFI antenna in my old laptop work ?? Any certain length etc? Thx

Any 2.4GHz antenna (for example, off an old wifi router) will be fine. Just make sure you get the correct center pin configuration for the connector. Some are male and some are female.
Also I have a spare original GS antenna if you want it. Just pay shipping. Although I'm in New Zealand the shipping will probably be more than the cost of an antenna!
Thanks! I thought that was the case, but I wanted to double check. I used a cloverleaf antenna (Rx) as a quick replacement in the field, but it certainly didn't have the reception distance that a 2.4GHz antenna would have.

I have a few old 2.4GHz antennas that I can steal for the GS, but I appreciate the offer!

azdrones said:
I just crashed my Phantom 2 & Datalink and the props cut off both Datalink antennas (Air End). Will the WIFI antenna in my old laptop work ?? Any certain length etc? Thx

You can use the remainder of the antennas. All you need to do is remove 31mm of the outer plastic sheath and the screen to leave just the plastic coated inner conductor protruding. The antennas are just 1/4 wave endfed antennas.

Regards

Nidge

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers