Replaceing P3S camera

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I crashed my P3S camera and I will order new one, but is it easy to replace it?
I tried to search for any video but I can't find.

Regards,
Saad

It's an easy repair. Check out this video:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thank you msinger,
This video for Adv. and I have the standard one.
I can see one connector and 2 wires black and grey. I'm asking about these 2 wires, are they easy to remove or I need special tools?

It's actually a Phantom Professional. The removal process is the same for the Phantom Standard though. If you watch the video above, you can see how he easily removes the cables with his bare hands.

It's different, check this pic

large_9.jpg

You're correct. The camera/gimbal is not the same. I thought you were asking about the removal/installation process though. I don't know that the design differences matter here.

What do you need help with?

Unfortunately, I just went through the process of replacing my P3-S gimbal and camera. Got it all done and for some reason I am not getting a visual feed? The gimbal is working, it takes commands from the wheel on the controller - the camera just isn't taking commands or displaying a picture on my iPhone - - I'm thinking I didn't get one of the wires correctly seated/connected to the mini jack on the housing - - any other perspectives?

Actually this is exactly what happened to my phantom after replacing the camera.
I've contacted DJI support and they said it may to update the firmware. But I'mnot able to update it because the aircraft doesn't connect to DJI app.
They also said that I may installed the camera incorrectly and I need to send it to the local center.
I'll try to recheck the cables again..
I really don't know what to do... and I don't know why replacing the camera causes this issue...
I started to get bored of this phantom... after paying almost 1000 $ ( phantom + camera) I can't fly it and I don't know why!!!

Actually this is exactly what happened to my phantom after replacing the camera.
I've contacted DJI support and they said it may to update the firmware. But I'mnot able to update it because the aircraft doesn't connect to DJI app.
They also said that I may installed the camera incorrectly and I need to send it to the local center.
I'll try to recheck the cables again..
I really don't know what to do... and I don't know why replacing the camera causes this issue...
I started to get bored of this phantom... after paying almost 1000 $ ( phantom + camera) I can't fly it and I don't know why!!!
Maybe you can do an update by reconnecting the old camera - which in my case works partially- updating the firmware- and then re-installing the new one?

I thought of this... but my old camera is broken and I'm not sure if the update will continue normally or not.
Actually the old camera is working but the gimbal is broken and it gives gimbal overload issue.

I thought of this... but my old camera is broken and I'm not sure if the update will continue normally or not.
Actually the old camera is working but the gimbal is broken and it gives gimbal overload issue.
Same with mine! I'm going to try it - I'll let you know how it goes.

I updated the phantom
I attached the old camera and updated the firmware successfully but still have the same issue
Aircraft not connected
When I attache the old one the aircraft connects normally, when i attache the new one it doesn't connect.

Yes, it's very easy to attach.. Those two single wires are for the 2.4 ghz FPV antennas.. They are u.fl connectors and snap right in like buttons..

I've double check the wires, they're attached correctly, same problem. Beginning to think its a bad camera -

Is there a DJI resource I can call?

Okay, I gave a quick call to DJI tech support and their rep gave me a checklist of things to try. Its embarrassing, but the solution for me was to re-bind the unit (pg 24 of the manual) - everything is working as advertised!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31