Replace "Phantom 2" Naza M V2 with "Real" V2?

Reaction score
Feeling a bit miffed. I just bought an EzUHF system so that I can get some foliage penetration on the command link, only to find (a little late I guess) that the Phantom 2 version of the Naza M V2 doesn't support PPM. Way to go, DJI.... I'm planning on building a different multirotor soon, and I am currently grafting parts onto my Phantom which will eventually get transposed onto the new airframe once I figure out what I want to build. I do know that I will be using the Naza M V2 on that new multi, so maybe I should go ahead and get that now and use it temporarily in the Phantom so the ExUHF will work. I'm hoping I can just use the controller and set aside the GPS, PMU and LED for now.

My questions for you good people:

1a) Is there really no way to get the EzUHF working with the stock Phantom version of the Naza?

1b) If there is, can I still get the Zenmuse tilt control to work?

2) If not, can I buy the full Naza kit (Naza, GPS, LED, PMU) but just replace the Naza controller in the Phantom? I would think that I could jut replace the controllers cable-for-cable and the rest of the integrated Phantom systems will work fine (ESCs, GPS, UWB, LEDs, etc.)

The thread title points to question 2 which is me main question, but I guess I have't quite given up on #1 as an option just yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic