Repairing Phantom 2 Vision Plus After River Dunk

Reaction score
Hi there I have decided to start the fix on the bird it has been sitting around now for over a month in a nice dry spot, I will start by replacing the esc x 4. I am In australia is there anything I need to know regarding the model number and type of esc? Regards Stuart

stuartWwilson said:
Are the 4 esc's the same or are there 2 different types? regards Stuart All help appreciated
The variation of esc will be dependent upon your motor model. Post some pictures of the motors and their windings and you will get some answers.

Jeremy James

stuartWwilson said:
Hi there I have decided to start the fix on the bird it has been sitting around now for over a month in a nice dry spot, I will start by replacing the esc x 4. I am In australia is there anything I need to know regarding the model number and type of esc? Regards Stuart

Did you ever take it apart ?
Letting it sit completely assembled isn't the right way to dry, even if its been a century.
The moist has to go out asap.
That can only be done if you disassemble the bird completely and rinse everything with some sort of alcohol.
After some good drying ( i use a central heating radiator ) and reassembling you can fire up the bird and see what still functions.

As i understand it from your post, you just let it sit for 30 days.
Going to change the esc out of a precaution and want to fly away again.
My guess is that the esc's are going to be just fine and @ least the wifi module and naza are going to be toast due to corrosion.

The esc on the left side of where the battery in inserted over heated, I will pull the bird apart and clean all parts, information i have received is the esc's should all be replaced, i live in a very hot house so i believe this would have helped a lot in the drying process plus i used a hair dryer as soon as i got the bird home

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers