Repairing gimbal after crash - odd results

Reaction score
Hello all -

I just purchased a P3S that had been crashed and had a severely damaged gimbal (broken yaw arm, torn ribbon). The previous owner had bought the replacement yaw arm and ribbon, but didn't have the patience to fix it. I reassembled the gimbal, replacing the broken parts with the new ones, but I getting some odd results. After the reassembly, the gimbal appeared fully functional (did it's calibration at startup and seemed to work), however, I had no signal to the DJI Go app and a red light on the RC. Green light on the gimbal. So, assuming I had a bad connection somewhere, I disassembled and tried again.

On the second go round, I had a great signal to the RC and clear video, green light on the RC, but the gimbal has lost all motor function - it just hangs limp. Green light on the gimbal. Obviously, this also throws a gimbal motor error. So, I disassemble and try again, assuming that I must be doing something wrong.

Third go round, no signal and no motor function. Green light on the gimbal. Quit tinkering for the night in frustration.

What could the issue be? Main board? Bad gimbal ribbon? I have no way of knowing if the replacement ribbon the previous owner bought was a DJI ribbon. I should mention that the roll arm motor separates from it's housing if I pull it apart. I'm not sure if that is supposed to happen or not, as I don't see anything that looks broken, and it did not affect the motor function when it was working.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik