Repairing Battery(cracked case)

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1452751726.862847.jpg

Sorry was unable to get the pic earlier. As far as I can tell this is the only piece broken

It is always risky to work with the damaged/ repaired battery as one doesn't know whats wrong with it. Please repair it and then charge under observation. If its getting too hot, stop it immediately.

If its charged fully and you don't see any abnormality, plug it into the P3 and check each cell using Dji app. All cell voltages should be the same or with small differences.

Question to you: Is it worth taking the risk?

It is always risky to work with the damaged/ repaired battery as one doesn't know whats wrong with it. Please repair it and then charge under observation. If its getting too hot, stop it immediately.

If its charged fully and you don't see any abnormality, plug it into the P3 and check each cell using Dji app. All cell voltages should be the same or with small differences.

Question to you: Is it worth taking the risk?
i guess my question is, is there a known safe way to replace the plastic casing for around $40 or less. im sure the battery is fine

I don't think that battery cases are available as spares. You may have to use adhesives such as super glue to repair it. There are battery mods available on forum that guide you how to open the cases safely.

After having had one of my batteries come out in a crash and crack. After fully testing it and complete satisfaction it was ok I used and epoxy glue and a clamp to put it back together. 30-40 flights now and no problems. Home Depot carries the epoxy in premixed tubes that works well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers