Repaired stress crack, Shotty, very, Shotty

Reaction score
So I just got my P3P back from California. I was saying to myself how well the repair went from the time I reported it to the time I got it back. It was actually very quick. So I get the box back and it has a boot print on the outside of the box so I immediately had worries. I then went into the DJI product box and found my DJI drone with the same top portion of the shell and a new lower that had been fixed because of the stress crack. Gimble was hanging unlocked when I made sure I sent it to them secure. They cut my DJI stickers so they didn't extend down and look like crap from them just fixing the bottom. I pay $1200 for a drone and you send it to me with a crack in it and you can't fix the whole 26$ shell? Come on now DJI,
e06116792c7be786d059853815fbca82.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: stoneyb245
It looks as if repair work had been outsourced to DJI's third party.

Mine was similar but instead of cutting the stickers they peeled them back then kinda stuck them back in place. They also did not get the two shell halves 100% snapped together, even after I completed the job for them I see the two halves don't mate perfectly(Not bad, just not like two matching halves would). But it's back and flying.

Yes, you would like to believe that with the cost of the item, coupled with the fact so many are experiencing this issue, they could do a more professional job with the repair.

@cfoxyrot, wow that's ridiculous!! The two halves don't match. This is ********. The shell is 26$ and most of us could do it ourselves, so send us the part and keep it warrantied. What the **** DJI, come on we support you now give us a reach around

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Really a piss poor repair. It's these types of horror stories always makes me wonder if I had chosen right going with DJI. I'm just happy so far, 100 flights and zero issues.

Sorry about that pal send it back to me I'll fix it right this time! Hey, they don't call me dirty bum for nothing

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers