Repaired P3S Firmware Upgrade Via Sd Card? Tx Updated?

Reaction score
Phantom has a new gimble with red led on startup, and no video. I put 1.8.1 bin file on sd card and turned on ac only(not the tx) as recommended on DJI site pdf. Camera led blinked red/green for 15 minutes, and then to solid green. However, Im not sure how/if the tx firmware was updated as well. I thought it would update when the ac and tx were then turned on, but had no indication this occurred, and the tx led remains solid red. I do have ac control via the tx but no video.
I tired you tube links of this method with no luck. Anyone have links or suggestions for the sd card upgrade.
Thanks

I would suggest doing the WiFi linking of RC and AC .... see if that helps.

Having .bin file on SD card will automatically make AC compare to card and you can check result in the .text file on root of card ... this logs each start up and FW action.

Nigel

I would suggest doing the WiFi linking of RC and AC .... see if that helps.

Having .bin file on SD card will automatically make AC compare to card and you can check result in the .text file on root of card ... this logs each start up and FW action.

Nigel
Thanks Nigel. Attached is the log text. Still says the remote is disconnected and tx led remains solid red. Nothing happens when I try to re link the tx to the ac if thats what you meant above. My OCD drives me at this point. The camera gimble responds to the tx as well as motors and flies. Go figure. No video and Go app does not show update banner any more.
Probably time to take it in .

Attachments

• P3C_FW_RESULT_AB.txt
    2.6 KB · Views: 342
I had this ages ago when I was trying to downgrade FW ... I could tilt camera ... but nothing else worked.

I found a video on YT that showed using cable to the AC and the SD card ... as well as having all on ... a series of 'tricks' got the whole she-bang going again ... guy even thanked me because I noticed an error in his instructions typed under the video ..... but I cannot find it now ...

I seem to remember his name was 'mike' something .... and quite well known in US land of these Phantoms ...

Nigel

I had this ages ago when I was trying to downgrade FW ... I could tilt camera ... but nothing else worked.

I found a video on YT that showed using cable to the AC and the SD card ... as well as having all on ... a series of 'tricks' got the whole she-bang going again ... guy even thanked me because I noticed an error in his instructions typed under the video ..... but I cannot find it now ...

I seem to remember his name was 'mike' something .... and quite well known in US land of these Phantoms ...

Nigel
Sounds familiar I may have read it. Dont remember it though. . However, I noticed the link button on the ac doesn't flash when I press it. May be secondary to the initial crash damage. I originally had to glue the reset button back on the pc board as it had been knocked off fro mthe sudden stop. It actually , worked then so I could re link the ac and tx. Now however, it doesn't blink when I push the button. Methinks its going i for another opinion. There is a independent shop a state over I may try. DJI is really backlogged at this point, aan this clearly is not a warranty issue. RTH=90 ft. Condominium= 156 ft. !!! Duh.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl