Repaired gimbal from DJI - just got back

Reaction score
After nearly 7 weeks my Phantom Vision2+ came back with a repaired gimbal. It was doing the break dancing thing. All seems well now. One thing I noticed right off is that its a replacement gimbal of a slightly different design. So its not the one that originally came with the copter. And second, its clearly used. Its dirty - dust in corners, etc.. Kinda surprised by that.

But at least its back and maybe I can use it now.

I am sure its been discussed before, but I attached a pic to show the difference in design. Original to my drone on left, new on right. The main arm on the old had three "pockets" in the arm. The new one has a rounder single one. Also on the left, the stop tab to horizontal physical limits it thin and centered. While the pic on right does not show it, its much thicker.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-12-02 at 10.26.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-12-02 at 10.26.34 PM.png
    642.4 KB · Views: 586
Is there any particular reason you couldn't take the new photo from the same side as the old photo you had? :?
The only difference that can be spotted this way is on the very top where the third axis(yaw stabilization) gimbal motor is. Your old gimbal appears to have a plastic cover over the motor base at that place.

unity said:
After nearly 7 weeks my Phantom Vision2+ came back with a repaired gimbal. It was doing the break dancing thing. All seems well now. One thing I noticed right off is that its a replacement gimbal of a slightly different design. So its not the one that originally came with the copter. And second, its clearly used. Its dirty - dust in corners, etc.. Kinda surprised by that.

But at least its back and maybe I can use it now.

I am sure its been discussed before, but I attached a pic to show the difference in design. Original to my drone on left, new on right. The main arm on the old had three "pockets" in the arm. The new one has a rounder single one. Also on the left, the stop tab to horizontal physical limits it thin and centered. While the pic on right does not show it, its much thicker.
:D
Hi unity,
Glad you'll be back in the air soon!
I purchased my P2V + in July and the gimbal looks like your new one. DJI must have changed the design after the initial release. I doubt the design fixed the main problem people are having with these gimbals. I would encourage you to get a gimbal guard and a gimbal inertia guard. There are several people on here selling these items which could save you from the dancing/tilted/separated camera issues.
Good Luck!

Nathan Carter said:
Is there any particular reason you couldn't take the new photo from the same side as the old photo you had? :?
The only difference that can be spotted this way is on the very top where the third axis(yaw stabilization) gimbal motor is. Your old gimbal appears to have a plastic cover over the motor base at that place.

These are just photos I pulled from the web to show the difference.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl