Repair ufl connector ripped off gimbal

Reaction score
8eabc2633a4bfa7ff9bd3fc8094acae6.jpg

Ohhhh. You ripped it off of the board. I thought that you were talking about the other end.

I suppose you could solder a new one on. Get a pin tip for your soldering Iron and some very strong reading glasses.

1b6807ab9b996b5525d511677e67de60.jpg

Reactions: lamoda
Got a photo?

Someone else recently confirmed that the P3S does fly with only one antenna. You should expect the range to be reduced though.
They might have confirmed it worked, but it's not recommended. Those are Tx/Rx antennas. It's ok to use a receiver without an antenna, worst case you get no signal. On the other hand, you should never use a Tx without an antenna, because all the power generated in the power amplifier has nowhere to go, and more often than not damages the power amplifier. There are many examples of people burning their RC Radios and FPV Tx by forgetting to use an antenna while testing

Using a P3S with one of the two 2.4GHz antennas is risky. It's entirely possible that the power amplifier used by DJI can survive without antenna, but not guaranteed. If you fry your power amplifier, there is no way to fix it later on without replacing the gimbal board

Ohhhh. You ripped it off of the board. I thought that you were talking about the other end.

I suppose you could solder a new one on. Get a pin tip for your soldering Iron and some very strong reading glasses.

1b6807ab9b996b5525d511677e67de60.jpg
And, unless you are familiar with SMD soldering, possibly think about asking a repair shop to solder it for you. I have seen countless examples of boards completely ruined by people inexperienced at soldering (no disrespect meant: soldering is a skill that takes a lot of practice). Boards that could have been easily fixed had to be replaced with high cost due to a botched soldering job

Also, at 2.4GHz frequencies, the solder joints have to be really clean to work well

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20