Repair turn around time

Reaction score
Hi All,
After having some issues with my gimbal I decided to send it back to DJI via the Dealer as it was still under warranty. I received confirmation from the DJI repair centre that it was received the first week of November and have yet to hear anything since other than it's still being assessed.

It is normal for them to take this long on repair jobs? Surely it's a matter of testing it and then working out whether it's covered under warranty or not...

Having read a few of the posts I get the feeling that DJI aren't the best when it comes to repairs jobs.

At this stage not sure what my options are other than to wait.

I sent mine to dji about 2 1/2 weeks ago and they said turn around time was currently 3-4 weeks. Also said if I had not heard back from them by week 4 to call them.

Turn around time for mine was 4 weeks. It should be the same for you,or I hope earlier.

walksm8 said:
Hi All,
After having some issues with my gimbal I decided to send it back to DJI via the Dealer as it was still under warranty. I received confirmation from the DJI repair centre that it was received the first week of November and have yet to hear anything since other than it's still being assessed.

It is normal for them to take this long on repair jobs? Surely it's a matter of testing it and then working out whether it's covered under warranty or not...

Having read a few of the posts I get the feeling that DJI aren't the best when it comes to repairs jobs.

At this stage not sure what my options are other than to wait.

Do i understand that good ? Begin November they have your bird ?
Thats 3 months, right ?
Thats a bit to much to be good.
Most state 4-5 weeks but this is the first i see.
I would suggest to go further and shake @ some tree's.
Patience is a virtue, i know that for a fact but the limit for some things can't be stretched indefinitely.
If its true they have your bird for 3 months now i suspect this case smells.
Seek advice somewhere quick as possible.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Ok it's been over 3 months. Have you guys been sending direct to DJI china? I'm unsure how to get in contact with them to follow this up or who to call.

Have spoken with the dealer and they have had e-mail correspondence with DJI China stating the same thing that they have received it and are working on it.

Should I contact DJI China direct? I am in Australia.

That is terrible they are quick enough to take your hard earned money i would ask for some compensation i.e set of props etc...worth a try although we all know what the answer would probably be!!

I have, and still having, a very difficult time dealing with the DJI repair facility. It has been well over a month and no contact except an acknowledgment that they received it. So far I would give them a grade of ''D''. It is an out-of-warranty repair. Maybe that is why there are sitting on it.

Some of us fix them locally, like Jeremy in CA and myself in MN,
both of our turn around is within couple days.

just fyi

hunch said:

just fyi

I have been able to get 95% of mine out in 24hrs and currently just have 1 sitting here that was so far gone that I purchased another whole Vision off ebay and will start over for this customer. There is the occasional gimbal repair that requires extensive work from prior repair attempts that can go into many days if the customer is cash strapped and I have to source cheap parts for them. Hani does great work and both of us like to fly and know what its like not to have a working platform.

Jeremy

burlbark said:
hunch said:

just fyi

I have been able to get 95% of mine out in 24hrs and currently just have 1 sitting here that was so far gone that I purchased another whole Vision off ebay and will start over for this customer. There is the occasional gimbal repair that requires extensive work from prior repair attempts that can go into many days if the customer is cash strapped and I have to source cheap parts for them. Hani does great work and both of us like to fly and know what its like not to have a working platform.

Jeremy

What would something what you described cost?

flyNfrank said:
burlbark said:
hunch said:

just fyi

Jeremy

I dont know.... Well see.... But I bought the Vision + without gimbal for a song off ebay and could not believe the break I got on the price. This customers gimbal stayed intact but the motors melted through the fuselage and pulled free and it fell out of the air. Really a disaster and its giving the red flashing light of death and is not responsive, its time to start over.

Frank,
something like what?
when Vision+ is crashed most common thing is that the motor casing pops off which breaks the ribbon cable.
in most cases Pitch potentiometer breaks which will display resistance on both ends in MOhms vs in 2-4 kOhms which it should.

cable replacement is $130 with part and labor included and shipping also, unless customer wants it overnighted or is from outside the US.

sensor board (Pitch and Roll) are $70 each, main board replacement is $100, yaw arm which bend a lot of times is $100
so it really depends in what shape we get them in and what all needs to be replaced.
That's why in most cases we just charge a flat $50 diagnostic fee so we can find out EVERYTHING wrong with the gimbal / camera
so if it comes back "too much" in parts and repair the most damage done was $50 for the customer for someone to take the whole thing apart
and diagnose it.

hope this helps

hani

burlbark said:
flyNfrank said:

I dont know.... Well see.... But I bought the Vision + without gimbal for a song off ebay and could not believe the break I got on the price. This customers gimbal stayed intact but the motors melted through the fuselage and pulled free and it fell out of the air. Really a disaster and its giving the red flashing light of death and is not responsive, its time to start over.

So you haven't received the burnt quad yet to work on? Reason I ask is because last year I bought a vPlus from a member here that had lost his quad in a river. I don't think he even tried to recover it. It had his contact info along with the words "REWARD IF FOUND" on it. He went right away and bought another new vPlus. Two weeks go by and he gets a phone call from somebody asking about a reward. It ended up that a old guy that was fidhing happened to get his line hung up on the sunken quad. The took it home and called and right away was really only concerned about his reward. So the guy that lost it decided to pay the money so he could see what kind of shape the quad was in, and possibly sell it for parts which is how I acquired it. I get the quad and clean it as if there was no tomorrow. After getting it the best it was going to get clean, just the body is the only part that is salvageable. So I was just trying to find out what kind of money would need invested to get it back in the air on a near total replacement.

Frank, i just had a guy send me a Phantom 2 V+ that was in the water for two days, and nearly everything like you said, but the plastic parts, was gone!

i gave him the option to either pay for all new parts and i replace them (which would cot more than a new one) or option B put the "pre-owned" but 100% working
parts in the bird.

so $650 later a bird that was a complete write off is back in the air.... complete Phantom 2 Vision+

i think this was my highest repair ticket so far just because EVERYTHING but the shell and one motor was TOAST!

hani

flyNfrank said:
I sent mine to dji about 2 1/2 weeks ago and they said turn around time was currently 3-4 weeks. Also said if I had not heard back from them by week 4 to call them.

I have to give them a Thumbs Up--I sent my V2 Ver 3 to L.A. facility 2 weeks ago friday for the ESC and WI FI extender not being the correct ones for a new Ver 3 ---They received it Monday Jan 26th-they replaced the ESC's with ver 2.1's and replaced WI FI with the vented one and I HAD it BACK in my hands this Friday the 6th of Feb.

2 WEEKS door to door all fixed with the correct parts for a new Vision + Ver 3

Hard to complain about that!!!

Jack

jackiedh said:
flyNfrank said:

I have to give them a Thumbs Up--I sent my V2 Ver 3 to L.A. facility 2 weeks ago friday for the ESC and WI FI extender not being the correct ones for a new Ver 3 ---They received it Monday Jan 26th-they replaced the ESC's with ver 2.1's and replaced WI FI with the vented one and I HAD it BACK in my hands this Friday the 6th of Feb.

2 WEEKS door to door all fixed with the correct parts for a new Vision + Ver 3

Hard to complain about that!!!

Jack

My quad is 6 1/2 months old and a total replacement. They checked it in 18 days ago and I've heard nothing since.

hunch said:
Frank, i just had a guy send me a Phantom 2 V+ that was in the water for two days, and nearly everything like you said, but the plastic parts, was gone!

i gave him the option to either pay for all new parts and i replace them (which would cot more than a new one) or option B put the "pre-owned" but 100% working
parts in the bird.

so $650 later a bird that was a complete write off is back in the air.... complete Phantom 2 Vision+

i think this was my highest repair ticket so far just because EVERYTHING but the shell and one motor was TOAST!

hani

So is $650 the total price, or the parts price?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1