Repair needed

Reaction score
Had the Phantom drop from about 200ft and it hits the only piece of cement in 1,000 meters. Murphy's Law.

Shell is bad - a few wires sticking out - what is a reputable repair shop? Any estimate on costs?

Would anyone trade in for Vision Plus?

Thanks.

Mooreagreen said:
Had the Phantom drop from about 200ft and it hits the only piece of cement in 1,000 meters. Murphy's Law.

Shell is bad - a few wires sticking out - what is a reputable repair shop? Any estimate on costs?

Thanks.

Depending on what is broken, it may be cheaper to just purchase a new one. Do the electronics still function?

Mooreagreen said:
Plegged in spare battery and nothing...is it toast?

Very hard to say...it could be one loose wire, it could be a cracked mainboard or any number of other things or combination of things. Can you post a pic of the Phantom with the lid off?

Every part in the Phantom can be purchased and replaced, but first you'll need to pinpoint the problem(s) and then you can determine if it's something that you're able to handle yourself or if you're better of sending it to a shop.

Worth opening up the shell and taking some pics and/or a detailed video so we can advise what might be the issue. It could be something really minor or as OI says it could be a motherboard issue.

Every part other than the NAZA and GPS are less than $50 to replace (many a lot less than this).

Re-shelling requires nothing more than a screw driver/allen key and simple soldering so it is really worth while trying to fix it yourself if you can afford the time and have the patience. It may sound daunting at first but taking it on and making it work will give you a massive boost in confidence and it will also open up you up to the DIY tinkering side to the hobby that you can do when its raining! (though be warned you will end up buying more kits and spending way too much time planning future projects :lol: )

So i got it opened - the negative battery wire broke where it is soldered to the circuit board. Attached the battery and held the broken negative lead to the board and she fired right up. One motor is bad but other than that all is intact.

I have seen the shell and motor replacement videos but in reality I do not have surgeons hands for soldering. Even if I do fix it - how can I be sure everything is still calibrated properly?

I still cannot believe a drop from this height onto cement did not utterly destroy the Phantom. I guess their engineers must have won some of those egg drop contests in high school.

It would take about two hours to replace the shell and ensure everything's intact and functioning properly. PM me, I'm a technician in Texas.

innsaei said:
It would take about two hours to replace the shell and ensure everything's intact and functioning properly.

+1 It's not that bad of a job, and can be done without soldering if you're careful...but it will take some time.

Mooreagreen said:

Thanks.

Check out http://www.acesdeals.biz/product-repairs-build

He's very reasonable but when you get it back... you'd be very happy. He communicates one on one by phone too so you don't feel left out. Very reliable.

Sorry to hear about the crash. Make sure you do an advanced and basic calibration of the IMU before you fly it again. No telling if your NAZA survived until you get it back in the air and see how it responds. I have seen a what looks like a functional NAZA on the ground, exhibit erratic behavior in flight post impact.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl