Repair Intelligent battery connector main circuit board

Here you go,
Part number circled!

8378C817-0E10-4941-95CF-FDCD12F16EEA_zpszhbmagxz.jpg

Take care, good luck!
J Dot

Reactions: dirkclod
Thanks J Dot. I still have this part as it snapped off. My question is actually how do I go about fixing it back to the board?

Well,
It can be tricky, whenever I mess with tiny stuff like that, I use a crappy Home Depot iron ( decent one $20 )
Then I file the tip ( way down ) like a toothpick about 1/2" back, plus I use a helping hands, with big magnifying glass on it!

Now
The 2 outside tabs ( on your connector ) the one that broke off, those tabs are only for stability ( oddly enough, so it does not snap off ) lol, but inner 2 ( smaller ) tabs are your COM leads, can't remember which is which? But anyhow, you might want a new one with better tabs, depending on how it broke?
But I would try reusing yours if it is still in good shape.

Keep tip as tiny as possible, very tiny dab solder, will be difficult, but you might be able to get it done, worse case scenario, no matter what you do, it will either work, or still be broke!
And at least you tried! Now I've seen boards as low as $35 on eBay, I got one for $25 of classifieds here a while ago for a wrecked vision!
( it was in a package deal, I bought several things at once, for a VERY good price! )
Never hurts to ask, but don't be impatient, some members aren't on everyday, so may take a few days, but I've always gotten a reply!
( sometimes after I broke down and bought new, bummer )

Hope this helps!
Take care, Fly safe!

J Dot

Thanks J. I'll buy your Vision board if you are happy to post to Australia. I can send pay via PayPal. I think I need some flux on the board which I don't have as I've tried soldering but it just won't stick

Yeah might be a tough job there!
I actually used that board, for a project phantom I built out of spare parts, or I would be happy to send it to you! I do see them on eBay pretty cheap ( RC recycler ) or just post in classified, somebody has to have one!

I use resin core silver solder, you gotta watch out for the clear coat on the board as well, as it looks like the laminate the board in a few spots for added durability! If you turn the board sideways in the light, you'll see what I mean, you might need to scrape it off a bit before you solder?

J Dot

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20