Reno, NV- Truckee/Tahoe, CA- The Sierras

Reaction score
Hey all....

Im a very NEW pilot... so new... my P3SE isn't arriving until 2 Jan 2018...LOL

Anyway... just wondering how many folks are in my area?? I live in Reno, NV We have some great scenic views to catch... Donner Lake, Lake Tahoe ( the Sierra Nevada Mountains ) and all the outlying communities.

Im really looking forward to some killer flight time and videos to capture.... I must practice, practice practice.

Lemme know if you are close.... maybe some time we can hook up and I can learn a few things and share ideas of great places to fly

Hey all....

Im a very NEW pilot... so new... my P3SE isn't arriving until 2 Jan 2018...LOL

Anyway... just wondering how many folks are in my area?? I live in Reno, NV We have some great scenic views to catch... Donner Lake, Lake Tahoe ( the Sierra Nevada Mountains ) and all the outlying communities.

Im really looking forward to some killer flight time and videos to capture.... I must practice, practice practice.

Lemme know if you are close.... maybe some time we can hook up and I can learn a few things and share ideas of great places to fly
Flying drones ok at Donner Lake? I was thinking of flying my drone at 1 of the rest stops before reaching nevada border.

Flying drones ok at Donner Lake? I was thinking of flying my drone at 1 of the rest stops before reaching nevada border.

Hmm... good question.... not sure... but guess we can find out.... what a view and video you can get from the lookout point on Donner Pass... first thing I thought of to be honest.

on a quick search... I found this... of Lake Tahoe, CA.... Red Zones are no fly zones... Orange depict Class E Air Space.
Screen-Shot-2017-05-30-at-12.35.33-PM.png

Here is the site I found it on

Where You Can Fly a Drone in Lake Tahoe: Downloadable Map

Hmm... good question.... not sure... but guess we can find out.... what a view and video you can get from the lookout point on Donner Pass... first thing I thought of to be honest.
Yup including the ski resorts off season. Emerald bay I think you can fly there but not sure. I searched briefly for places in Tahoe where you can fly and that is the only one I saw. It may have changed since then.

Reactions: Spazz_MMCF
Anybody willing to get together to capture some pictures? I'm free pretty much whenever. I have a project I'd like to do and need some aerial shots to make it work.

STORMAGEDDON is supposed to hit tomorrow, 1 March.... with lots of snow.. calling for around 4+ feet in partrs of the Sierras...

What area you talking about?

Reno is looking at a good amount of snow in the valley as well if the reports are correct.

If you can trust anything in Nevada, it's that the weather forecast is always wrong.
Dry roads in the valley today.
I want to get a few slow tracking shots looking down at the streets and a nice shot of the sun rise.
And you know, whatever else I can think of.

I'm up in Stead... lots of wind and a few flurries right now... they always get it wrong here...

I believe Downtown Reno is in the no fly zone for the airport...even though it would be a cool video to start around 4th st and go south down S Virginia to the arch....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl