Removing the battery

Reaction score
If I remove drone battery (dji phantom 3) and connect it directly with awire, what is the suitable DC adapter volt and amps to run the drone full power?

If I remove drone battery (dji phantom 3) and connect it directly with awire, what is the suitable DC adapter volt and amps to run the drone full power?
I don't think this will work at all, due to the fact that the AC reads the firmware version from the battery and won't recognize the external power source.

Reactions: Etos
I don't think this will work at all, due to the fact that the AC reads the firmware version from the battery and won't recognize the external power source.
Ok for example If I want to build my own drone, but without battery, the power directly from a wire
How I calculate suitable dc volt and amps
Do you understand my point

Do you understand my point
I completely understand your point, do you understand what I said? The Phantom battery is a "Smart" battery. It contains
"firmware" that matches the aircrafts. If the aircraft does not see this special coding it will not power up.

Reactions: Etos
If you simply want to know about the power consumed, here is a rough estimate, given average numbers. Of course a drone maneuvering will consume more power climbing and less descending.
Take a Phantom 3:
Battery is ~4500maH @15 volts = 67.5 Watts of power for an hour
Typical runtime of 25 minutes gives 10800ma/25minutes (0.42hour)
Battery is delivering 162 watts for 25 minutes
So in theory it is delivering about, on average, 10.8 amps at 15 volts.

But this will never work in a real drone, as there is a data link between the uProc in the battery and the brains in the Phantom. Like trying to use a printer, but no computer.
Good Luck

If you simply want to know about the power consumed, here is a rough estimate, given average numbers. Of course a drone maneuvering will consume more power climbing and less descending.
Take a Phantom 3:
Battery is ~4500maH @15 volts = 67.5 Watts of power for an hour
Typical runtime of 25 minutes gives 10800ma/25minutes (0.42hour)
Battery is delivering 162 watts for 25 minutes
So in theory it is delivering about, on average, 10.8 amps at 15 volts.

But this will never work in a real drone, as there is a data link between the uProc in the battery and the brains in the Phantom. Like trying to use a printer, but no computer.
Good Luck

The comparison with the printer and the computer is not the best one........there are loads of printers that will print straight from a memory card.....:)

You would need to fashion your own battery eliminator, you could, for example, take an old P3 pack with dead cells, strip the LiPO pouches out and solder the wires from the power source to the B+ and B- terminals on the PCB. You would probably also need to fashion a voltage divider with a resistor string between the power supply wires with the balance tap leads between the resistors. This might work in fooling the cell monitoring circuitry. No guarantees.

Reactions: umanbean
You would need to fashion your own battery eliminator,

Is that what you would call fly-by-wire? LOL

To the OP, don't forget you'll have to factor in the resistance of however long the wire you're using is.

Good luck

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4