removing propellors

Reaction score
Today, for the first time ever, I had trouble removing the props from my P 4. A silver and a black
one refused to come off easily. Finally they came off after some time fooling with them.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Hmmm, quite rare with the quick release hubs. Did you inspect the hub (both the male and female side) to ensure the plastic wasn't damaged?

How many times have you had them on and off? Are they OEM DJI props?

These props have a life expectancy, and if yours might be getting worn out. Change them out with the spares DJI gave you or buy some more from DJI.

Buy Phantom 4 Series - Quick Release Propellers | DJI Store
Thanks for the thoughts. These are the original DJI props and I have been using them for around 22 flying hours., since August, 2016. I will try my other props and if the problem is props, I will replace them. I have looked at the motor attachments and they seem OK.

They usually come off very easy, you probably know this but hold the outrunner (motor housing) and gently lift on the outrunner and push down lightly on the prop and turn in the direction the prop turns in flight, the black turn clockwise the silver counter clockwise. Holding the outrunner gently lifted to install and remove the props prevents from putting unwanted pressure on your motor bearings and your craft.

Thank you. I did not think about lifting the outrunner. I will try that.
It could be that I have been a little too forceful.

I wonder if the plastic "quick disconnect" prop housings can become melted and distorted over time on the P4? With the motors heating up during flight and maybe having multiple flights back to back maybe it's possible.

Have you left them attached for quite a while or do you take them off between flights?

How many times have you had them on and off? Are they OEM DJI props?

These props have a life expectancy, and if yours might be getting worn out. Change them out with the spares DJI gave you or buy some more from DJI.

Buy Phantom 4 Series - Quick Release Propellers | DJI Store

I didn't realize that they have a life expectancy. Is it measured in the number of flights, hours, or both? How many.

The reason that I ask is that I am still using the originals. I have quite a few flights on them now.

I wonder if the plastic "quick disconnect" prop housings can become melted and distorted over time on the P4? With the motors heating up during flight and maybe having multiple flights back to back maybe it's possible.

Have you left them attached for quite a while or do you take them off between flights?
I remove the after every flight

Funny you mentioned about stuck Props,I had this a couple of times but the Temp was about 30F,Over water so i figured there was ice or something in there.

I remove the after every flight

That's good. But I was actually talking about the plastic connector at the top of the motor. I imagine the heat from the motor will prob take a tole sooner or later on them. Maybe?

That's good. But I was actually talking about the plastic connector at the top of the motor. I imagine the heat from the motor will prob take a tole sooner or later on them. Maybe?
I also meant the plastic connector, just did not define correctly. You may be right, but see Rob1962 above. My temp was if 60's.

I generally leave them on as my flying area is 100000 hectares at my back door and I remove them every ten flights or so to inspect the retaining springs and check the plastic hub retaining stews (1.5mm) and no issues flying in 30-40C so far with 117klms on the P4. What is snow?

I generally leave them on as my flying area is 100000 hectares at my back door and I remove them every ten flights or so to inspect the retaining springs and check the plastic hub retaining stews (1.5mm) and no issues flying in 30-40C so far with 117klms on the P4. What is snow?
Snow! That's all the white stuff in my yard I can't even give away! we also have 30-40C here, only it's in the minuses. The good things about is that we can snowmobile and there is no bugs!

Now about the props and mounts, there made of nylon so that makes them pretty sturdy even with large temperature variations. I have over 900km on mine and they still look almost new.

I didn't realize that they have a life expectancy. Is it measured in the number of flights, hours, or both? How many.

The way I heard it average life is 20 hours flight time, or 100 flights - or if stored 1 1/2 years.

I'm sure there are people that use them a lot longer but, that is the rule of thumb I use.

Snow! That's all the white stuff in my yard I can't even give away! we also have 30-40C here, only it's in the minuses. The good things about is that we can snowmobile and there is no bugs!

Now about the props and mounts, there made of nylon so that makes them pretty sturdy even with large temperature variations. I have over 900km on mine and they still look almost new.
900 klms....I'm impressed. Hoping to head over east this winter with the wife as she has never seen snow either, should be a novelty of sorts. As for bugs, plenty of them and tiger snakes to keep you wary when flying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan