Removing Gimbal protector

Reaction score
Hey guys, quick question

What are the risks of turning on your bird without removing the gimbal protector. I sometimes forget to take it off.

thanks

Hey guys, quick question

What are the risks of turning on your bird without removing the gimbal protector. I sometimes forget to take it off.

thanks
None if you realize it and take it off. If not there's the potential of burning it out.

None if you realize it and take it off. If not there's the potential of burning it out.
usually I forget to take it off when i turn on the phantom just to see the files in the SD card, or to toggle the configuration, never happened when i fly it

usually I forget to take it off when i turn on the phantom just to see the files in the SD card, or to toggle the configuration, never happened when i fly it
If you leave the lock on with the bird powered up for longer than a few minutes, you run the risk. I believe that's why DJI added the "gimbal overload" error to the previous version of the app.

Reactions: Rodrigo Leal
Once the overload is detected it ceases to attempt to move. It doesn't try again until it senses the gimble move, which cant happen till the support is removed. And they are brushless motors, so they cant "burning it out".

Once the overload is detected it ceases to attempt to move. It doesn't try again until it senses the gimble move, which cant happen till the support is removed. And they are brushless motors, so they cant "burning it out".
Assuming the gimbal actually ceases to move, I would agree. However, too much heat can burn out any motor, brushless or not.

Hold it with your hand.... It pulses, trying to calibrate. Hardly the movement involved in a normal flight. And its really not a motor, as it doesn't ever perform a revolution. Its nothing more than a signal applied to a magnet, or series of.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj